game won't work, keeps crashing, windows 10 x64 rs4, gtx 1050 ti

by Slarlac249

Original Post

game won't work, keeps crashing, windows 10 x64 rs4, gtx 1050 ti

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't get the game working, i updated my nvidia drivers, repaired the game, removed profile folder.

it gets to loading screen, sometimes menu, quits after optimizing shaders

when it does get ingame after a while the textures go all funky and i get a black screen where i can hear all the sound but can't see anything (apart from the hud which is all corrupt looking)

all the other games on my pc work fine. gta v, aom, wildlands etc etc.

so it's not an overheating or dying video card issue.

anyone else having issues?

might roll back nvidia drivers as it started after installing the lastest driver(s) and the one before that. 3xx series worked.

Message 1 of 3 (1,154 Views)

Re: game won't work, keeps crashing, windows 10 x64 rs4, gtx 1050 ti

Hero

yeah, reverting to older drivers sounds like a good move.

You know its not overheating because you've checked CPU and graphics card with a utility?

I personally had an issue where one game was more graphics intensive than all my others, so it "politely pointed out" that I needed to clean my rig.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 3 (1,124 Views)

Re: game won't work, keeps crashing, windows 10 x64 rs4, gtx 1050 ti

★★ Novice

I know it's the game at fault since all the other games installed work fine.

I rolled back my gpu drivers (clean install) and it's still very unstable to the point of crashing randomly with gfx corruption. i disabled dx12 and the game loads now but still crashes after a few minutes.

before the latest patch it ran fine with no crashing.

typcial dice, they fix one thing and then break something else......

Message 3 of 3 (1,110 Views)