Re: game stability and lag/rubberbanding /aim issues

by momouk32

Original Post

game stability and lag/rubberbanding /aim issues

★★ Novice

connectivity and performance issues seem to have got worse since last patch - its getting very difficult to make any progress in this game's Dogfight and FB modes with the vast majority of games ( Im in southern UK)  delivering lag/rubberbanding ( best case aim drops out, worst base you get ported into a squadmate or pilot errored into an asteroid ), and issues such as the dreaded complete immobility - no engine power, no movement, total loss of all mobility in game making you a sitting duck.

Is anyone else experiencing this to a greater or lesser extent since recent patch? Im on Xbox One via wired connection with Thrustmaster Hotas One , OK download, 15ms PING,  upload speed 0.72 so it might be my distance from the telco hardware junction box affecting gameplay 

currently this game is a tough one to improve K/D rate and climb the rankings - the unstable experience & performance makes it hard to progress

Message 1 of 3 (458 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @nsdimhec2w.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I'll try to find out why you're experiencing so much lag. First, are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 3 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Your post contains questions about the user's equipment, but no questions about the state of:
1. Squadron's net code
2. Server locations
3. Multiplayer game performance issues caused by 1 and 2

Your reply is therefore, unfortunately inadequate. 

Message 3 of 3 (357 Views)