game keeps getting large lag spikes and is stuttering

by xd_kibblz

Original Post

game keeps getting large lag spikes and is stuttering

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Since this season started i've been getting really bad lag spikes and stuttering the ping will rise from 60 all the way up  to 140 and the whole game begins to stutter. At first I thought it was my internet but after running some speed test my ping caps at 230 mbs download and 170mbs upload. I've tried resetting the router and still no luck. The weird thing is it only happens on apex even on fortnite nor valorant or rocket league I dont get this issue. if some one could help me it will be greatly appreciated. 

my specs are:

ryzen 7 1700 eight core processor 

16gb RAM

gtx 1050ti 

Message 1 of 8 (2,100 Views)

Re: game keeps getting large lag spikes and is stuttering

★★ Apprentice

this issue happen on all maps or just at an specific map? i have the same issue and only on world's end

Message 2 of 8 (2,063 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks, 

For lag spikes and higher ping, have you tried going through these connection steps at all?

Resetting the router as you've mentioned doing is a great first step, but I would give the Flushing/Changing DNS steps a try in particular as well, if you haven't already done so.

Mako.png
Message 3 of 8 (2,028 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako i dont have problems with ping spike, my fps spikes are at world's edge and some times in storm point. I noticed the game is consuming the 100% of GPU. we have this problem with my friends. different PC spect but we are all above i5 and gtx1650
Message 4 of 8 (2,013 Views)

★★ Novice

ill try this 

sry for the late response 

Message 5 of 8 (1,945 Views)

★★ Novice

it happens on new map and worlds edge 

Message 6 of 8 (1,944 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@xd_kibblz open task manager and open the game, even on lobby, switch window faster to task manager and check the GPU. I've noticed this value is at 100% when I have open Apex legends after season 11 update. but I got spike fps most on world's edge than new map. but on new map I have this issue anyway.
and it's weird because I have a nice PC for playing. I really don't need better spects even if I play in low quality I have the problem
Message 7 of 8 (1,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xd_kibblz Did you end up finding a solution because I have the same problem I only lag on apex and I average 100 ping and spike to around 2000
Message 8 of 8 (1,331 Views)