Re: game hasn’t worked for 3+ weeks (Xbox series s)

by oddpurpp

Original Post

game hasn’t worked for 3+ weeks (Xbox series s)

★★★★ Novice

Anyone else get code net or code over every single game ? LMAO 

I’ve reinstalled 3x, power cycled console and modem, deleted saved data, reset MAC address, changed DNS, tried other accounts, NOTHING WORKS AND I JUST GET IGNORED. I got told to speak on the forums because the Ea help person said they have suggested everything. How is this still a problem? Code over was a issue for ranked and then they patched it, why can’t they patch it for pubs? My game is unplayable, I know others with the same issue but it seems the majority is fine. Seems more common on Xbox consoles. 

Message 1 of 7 (366 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @oddpurpp Can you try the following if you have not then check if you notice any difference?

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

already stated that I’ve changed my DNS.

Message 3 of 7 (319 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @oddpurpp To confirm did the other steps I share change anything when playing? To check are you able to get into a match at all before running into an error? If so what does the performance window look like before getting an error?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 7 (268 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem on my PlayStation, made two topics about it and still the suggestion they gave me did not help. I genuinely don’t know what to do anymore and this is the only I can play without getting bored.

Message 5 of 7 (239 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Hi, yes, can play up until around end game. Very rare it does it at the start of the game. It gives me code net, and then code over, and then I don’t receive any data made from that specific game, literally every single game. Can’t be due to connection because my other account works fine. Before getting the error the game will freeze and I won’t be able to move or anything and it stays for about 10 seconds and then I get code net/over
Message 6 of 7 (224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try playing on another account, works for me, still unacceptable that we have to do this to be able to play. 

Message 7 of 7 (223 Views)