game crashes when toggle vr

by TheLankyMan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game crashes when toggle vr

★★★ Novice

as the title say the game runs, as soon as i toggle into vr the game crashes and im back to the desktop. i have a rift s. any suggestions?

Message 1 of 21 (3,523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: game crashes when toggle vr

★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic Not at all. Everything works minus the deadzone issue with HOTAS and the fuzzy stars in background. seriously cannot express how all inspiring it is to sit inside a cockpit in VR. I'm 43. I was in high school when x wing came out and it was a big deal. If anybody would have told me this is where we would be today, I would not have believed them

View in thread

Message 20 of 21 (4,383 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

same problem, using a Rift CV1 with a 2080Ti.

Message 2 of 21 (3,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Richterproduktsame problem for me, when activate vr mode the game reboot to the desktop

Message 3 of 21 (3,498 Views)

VR not working

★★★ Newbie

I use the Origin launcher and have Occulus installed.

If I lauch the game normally and hit  "toggle VR" the game shuts down and seems to try to load in Occulus but nothing happens.

If I select Star Wars Squadrons from the occulus launcher, it lauches the regular desktop display version.

Message 4 of 21 (3,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Richterprodukt Same problem same setup i bought it on origin.
Message 5 of 21 (3,481 Views)

Re: VR not working

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, this is dissapointing!

Message 6 of 21 (3,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found a workaround: Just set Squadrons to "Borderless Window", before toggling VR. Worked for me.

Message 7 of 21 (3,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

its working for me now. don't let geforce experience set your options. revert it. and maybe set your graphics a little lower. worked for me but im still on a 980ti.

Also as Richterprodukt stated bordless window was in the reverted settings for me

Message 8 of 21 (3,460 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi bro,

I had the same issue :

to fix switch your screen to Borderless Windows then toggling VR and that ll be ok Standard smile

Message 9 of 21 (3,488 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jayinside Same issues, jayinsides fix worked for me (but I'm not fond of it as it messes with g-sync when not playing in VR).
Message 10 of 21 (3,460 Views)