Original Post

game crashes randomly

★★★ Newbie

Battlefront 2 keeps crashing randomly. 

My Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1400

RX 580 4GB

16GB DDR4 RAM 2400

The game crashes completely randomly, sometimes it will run for 10 minutes and sometimes it will run for half an hour

Message 1 of 6 (740 Views)

Re: game crashes randomly

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @MrTazers 

Can I ask if you've been encountering this issue since you've got the game or it started occurring after one of the updates? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

And thank you for providing your PC's specs, but it would be great if you could send us your full DxDiag report

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 6 (699 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine crashes similarly, theres no error or pop ups, it just soft crashes back to OS, weird is my video card 580 8g goes whisper quiet after sounding like a jet engine when it normally slowly winds down when I close the game. I've repaired the game, my settings are dumped to the lowest. The crashes started after the most recent update, no crashes before then. I don't seem to experience any crashes in the campaign mode. I'd reinstall the game but I've got 3mb download so I'm not rushing to do that.
Message 3 of 6 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having the same issue but it doesn't give me errors as to how or why the game crashed. What's funny is that I have a good enough computer to run this game on max settings and regardless of what setting I put it at; it still freezes. This game crashes frequently even when I'm playing Arcade. So i'm just scrolling through the forums to see if anyone could help me on this dilemma.

My Specs: 

Ryzen 7 2700

Gigabyte RTX 2070 

16 GB of RAM 

Oh and I also have DirectX 12 disabled on that game 

Message 4 of 6 (667 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have the same problem appearing in the game.

CPU 
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 

GPU

rx 580

ram 16GB

Message 5 of 6 (610 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @AM_NaturaL, did you try what @EA_Ataashi  recommended? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 6 (557 Views)