Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

game crashes character creation and assigning powers to quick bar

by jlovescnd

Original Post

Highlighted

game crashes character creation and assigning powers to quick bar

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

my game has been working flawlessly except these couple bugs. i can design a character fine in the beginning but when i try to design on the tempest the game crashes to desktop.

and when i try to assign powers to my bar the game locks up completely. not just my game but my whole PC.

im using some mods via frosty mod manager, i just tried it without mods with same result

my pc is only a year old and has had no serious issues and im not sure what is happening?

eta: windows 10 deluxe edition, deep space pack

Message 1 of 8 (433 Views)

Re: game crashes character creation and assigning powers to quick bar

[ Edited ]

Maybe it is the number of players or maybe it isn't much of a problem, but you don't see on the forums many posts such as this.  Yeah, there are ones out there, but they aren't common.  Usually(word that will cause you trouble many times when you use it) that means it is an issue with the game for your specific PC setup...by setup I mean both hardware and the software on your PC.  Since you run mods, my first thought will always be it is the mods fault, as that is the most common cause on a modded game.  By removing the mod, did you follow the complete uninstall directions and follow it up with a repair of the game files using Origin??  Sometimes it may cause an issue on the save files so a new game would also have to be started as a triple check after repair.  Second thing would be substandard hardware or old drivers...a DxDiag file may help determine if anything here is amiss.  Third would be a program cross interference, which a clean boot may help to determine if this is an issue. 

But if you made me bet a penny, I would still be on the mods causing issues.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 8 (418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry im fairly new to this and im a little confused. i started the game without frosty, which makes the mods not be active bc it has to be run every time.

i had to roll back nvdia/ geforce bc the newest patch disabled screenshotting, something i really like to do.

i did do a fix game on origin, no changes

i see there is a 'temp' file in my documents with game crash files but im not sure how to open it?

Message 3 of 8 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jlovescnd

The only MEA error is a "RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64" aka a memory leak warning.

Ho much Virtual Memory is allocated on your system? 

Use this guide to set it to 16212. (Set 16212 [twice as much as your Physical Memory] in both fields, minimum and maximum size) > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (390 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have 8 gigs of ram

followed the steps and rebooted with that number, game seemed to be running smoother but still completely locked up assigning powers

Message 5 of 8 (381 Views)

Are you running a basic keyboard and mouse, or do you have a "gamers" keyboard or mouse??  Wanting to know if there is a background program by their manufacturer running that may be causing interference....

Have you tried a clean boot??  This is to see if it may be a cross program interference....

Rename your MEA saves folder to backup saves.  Disable or turn off mod manager, repair the game install with Origin, and then restart the game and see if it messes up....yes you will have to replay a bit to find out if it works or not.  This is to see if a setting is messed up, saves corrupted or mods causing issue.  If it is ok, then you add saves back and see if the old works, and so on...

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 6 of 8 (372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

the pc is an ipower, made especially for gaming so maybe the drivers are? they are basic mouse and keyboard, ive had them replaced

i have a ton of background programs i really have no clue what or why, 44 background processes, most being anti virus and nvdia. 77 windows processes. service hosts. i thought i disabled a lot of unnecessary background BS but i see i did not. rarely does it lag though.

i just did a windows install a few months ago, i have my games installed on another drive to save space on c drive

im about to go to bed so i will try the mods and backup my saves in the morning

Message 7 of 8 (365 Views)

★★★★ Novice

apparently the game ive been playing the past few days is no good, other ryders i can customize fine 

thanks for the info, feel like its helped my computer run smoother Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (347 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help