Re: freezing apex legends

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

freezing apex legends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWzFY1Ppzyg

I genuinely enjoy playing Apex Legends, and I've been playing it since its release. However, after countless hours of searching and watching YouTube videos, there appears to be no solution to my problem. This is incredibly hard for me to play and deal with especially in higher rank diamond games. 

My game freezes uncontrollably to the point of being unplayable whenever people seem to be pushing me and my squad. I've tried everything, such as updating my graphics drivers, rolling them back, reinstalling my drivers, reinstalling Apex, running the game as administrator, repairing game files, disabling vsync, and capping frames. Obviously my first try to solving the problem was changing my graphic settings multiple times. The only fix that seemed to work for a few days before the freezing came back was reinstalling my drivers. 

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or if this has happened to anyone else please feel free to respond to this thread, I'd really appreciate it

My specs include: GTX 1650 Super, Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core, 16 GB RAM

[CM - cleaned up formatting]

Message 1 of 12 (2,426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @abzolv

I saw a similar report recently where disabling audio enhancements in Windows actually helped stop this from happening. Would you mind giving that a try to see if it makes a difference for you? You can disable enhancements using the steps below: 

1. Open the Windows Control Panel

2. Click Hardware and Sound

3. Click Sound to open the Sound Properties window

4. Right-click your default sound device (it will have a green check mark)

5. Click Properties

6. Click the Enhancements tab

7. Check the box that says Disable all enhancements

8. Click Apply, then click OK

Try running Apex Legends again after that. Let me know if you're still seeing any freezing or stuttering afterward. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,378 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @abzolv

I saw a similar report recently where disabling audio enhancements in Windows actually helped stop this from happening. Would you mind giving that a try to see if it makes a difference for you? You can disable enhancements using the steps below: 

1. Open the Windows Control Panel

2. Click Hardware and Sound

3. Click Sound to open the Sound Properties window

4. Right-click your default sound device (it will have a green check mark)

5. Click Properties

6. Click the Enhancements tab

7. Check the box that says Disable all enhancements

8. Click Apply, then click OK

Try running Apex Legends again after that. Let me know if you're still seeing any freezing or stuttering afterward. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just tried it, took a game before it started up freezing again. 

Message 3 of 12 (2,339 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @abzolv

Thanks for giving it a shot. 

Would you mind sharing a DxDiag when you've got the chance? You can find more info on how to pull one up at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 12 (2,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here's my dxdiag text file 

Message 5 of 12 (2,209 Views)

★★★ Novice

Dxdiag file attached here 

Message 6 of 12 (2,045 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent My games been randomly freezing and unfreezing, and also having very high packet loss since the monsters within event, I've done everything I could do, so I think it might be server sided. I go into more detail on both of my post. Anything else that I can try to do? 

Message 7 of 12 (1,955 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates!

Looking at the DxDiag you attached I noticed a few Windows processes in the error logs. Have you tried running the Windows System File Checker to see if that helps? If there are any issues with corrupted Windows files that might help with this. 

For more info on how to run the tool check out the Microsoft Support website. Let me know if you're still having any issues after that. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

I ran the windows file checker and it still hasn't fixed itself. Huge disadvantage when playing and very unenjoyable. 

Message 9 of 12 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Novice

No freezing happened for around a day and then it came back just now and I died because of it. It's really frustrating, wondering if you have any more possible fixes?

Message 10 of 12 (1,751 Views)