Re: fps problem

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

fps problem

★★ Novice

so ive been playing on pc since season 7-8 till now, ive never had an issue with frames dropping before,
specs; 
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

this "glitch" as i belive it to be has only been starting since season 10 so i first belived it to be the games fault, what happens is that ill be on battle royal (so far ive only had this on worlds edge as i dont play much br and more arenas) ill be near the end of the game and out of nowhere my frames go down to about 54 and start flickering between 50ish-56 frames rapidly and my pc slows down to about 5 frames a second, anyone shoots a bullet and im down to what feels like 3 - 2 frames a second

after experiencing this, first thought was to clean my pc, and my gpu was pretty dusty, that explained my heat, cleaned it out, got down to about 50-60*c in games and everything was fine, played a few br with no issue, then today it happened again, i check my task manager and my heat is fine, clocking in about 65*C max, and 100% constant on gpu usage and 3D ( btw ive had this pc since december 2020 so i dont know crap about pc really) but the glitch isnt just effecting apex but my pc as a whole.

ive tried other games, im running doom eternal with rtx, no issue, horizon zero dawn on ultra graphics easy, im eaven running apex arenas on best graphics with 0 issues, running at 60-70 frames perfectly, but god help me if i touch br with playdough graphics, set to the lowest and my pc is literally breaking, p.s i run play on steam

any help would be amazing, but please go slow, again im new, thank you

Message 1 of 6 (786 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @SoftandwetRequem  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (746 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @SoftandwetRequem  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 6 (747 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

clean boot shows nothing up, hes my dxdiag
ive seen alot of posts talking about files, stuff like deleting easy anti cheat or something, but any help would be appreciated 

Message 3 of 6 (731 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic my bad, sorry i must have messed something up with the first clean boot, my friend had a similar problem this moring and said that the clean boot worked for him so i gave it another go, and i can play battle royal again, thankyou so much, by the looks of it, seems the culprit was one of either; onedrive, opera browser assistant, realtek HD audio manager or update, by publisher- Github, says it has a high startup impact, my money is on "update" but everything is fine so thankyou

Message 4 of 6 (704 Views)

★★ Novice
@SoftandwetRequem yea it was update, searched it online, seems to be a cpu and ram hog so......
Message 5 of 6 (697 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for the update! @SoftandwetRequem

/atic
Message 6 of 6 (546 Views)