fps_max command

by xAsh117x

Original Post

fps_max command

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I recently indulged in a new monitor and I'm trying to either increase the fps cap of Apex to either unlimited or my new monitors refresh rate, I've tried using the +fps_max unlimited, +fps_max 0 and even my monitors refresh rate and nothing seems to work, I'm still stuck on the 144 fps cap, is there something else I need to be doing I'm not sure why I can't up the cap, I see lots of others with uncapped fps

Message 1 of 5 (1,736 Views)

Re: fps_max command

[ Edited ]

Hey @xAsh117x 

Do you have V-Sync enabled? If you have, can you try turning it off and check if you are able to get over 144 FPS?
Make sure you don't have any GPU tweaking software interfering like MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ZeelmaekersI’ve checked my NVIDIA control panel and vertical sync is off in my 3D settings and also in Apex itself, I have neither of those programs running in the background and my cap is still at 144.

I also accidentally hit accept as solution I’m sorry I haven’t used the forums much 

Message 3 of 5 (1,691 Views)

Hey @xAsh117x 

No worries, you can use that button again when we solved this mystery Wink

Alright, I think windows is doing some weird things then, let's jump into this.
Let's first disable fullscreen optimization.
Go to the location you've Installed Apex legends and look for the r5apex.exe 

Here right click > properties > compatibility > check "disable fullscreen optimizations"

Let me know if this changed anything, else we dive deeper into this issue Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,676 Views)

★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers Unfortunately this hasn’t changed anything, is it possible anything to do with me playing 4:3 @ 1440x1080 has anything to do with it? I play with it just out of preference
Message 5 of 5 (1,674 Views)