by TAW-Fiveswrath

Original Post

Re: forcing windows restart

★★★ Novice
Same here when I quit the game -_-
Message 11 of 19 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

After you find the folder in your my documents right click on the folder and select the cut option.  Then right click on the desktop and select paste.  Then start the game through origin and that is what fixed it for me.  Hope that helps!

Message 12 of 19 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Novice
thanks I’ll try
Message 13 of 19 (1,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I fixed this by changing the power setting to high performance in the Windows power options (previously it was set to balanced).
Message 14 of 19 (1,496 Views)

★ Novice

This should be the correct link:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03413399

Message 15 of 19 (1,482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Also, I had the same issue, got a force reboot on the loading screens if I was anything else except 720p windowed mode. Once I was in the game I could go fullscreen or borderless and all worked fine, but if I tried to quit (gives you a loading screen) or got a loading screen computer would hard reboot.

I tried erasing the SW:BF2 folder under Documents, and had the same issue (it's just resets all the settings) if I switched to fullscreen or borderless mode.

Enabled Vsync, same issue (loading screens still gives you 4k+ FPS with Vsync enabled).

I was already on the High Performance mode in the power settings.

Switched everything to low settings, same issue. Switched on Vsync same issue...

Switched on DX12 and enabled Vsync and it doesn't crash anymore. So that seems to fix it for me.

What I noticed with DX12 enabled the loading screen stays below 4k FPS, but with DX12 disabled it goes above 4k FPS just before computer reboots.

Edit:

Specs:

Win 10 64bit

i5-4670

GF1070

16GB

Message 16 of 19 (1,481 Views)

★★★★ Novice

holy * DirectX12 mode fixed mine, Thank you.

Message 17 of 19 (1,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The page is no longer available, can u pls provide a description or alternate link?

Message 18 of 19 (617 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 19 of 19 (520 Views)