Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

fifa 19 Player Career Mode Goal Limit Resets after 230 goals.

by andy_cfc12345

Original Post

Highlighted

fifa 19 Player Career Mode Goal Limit Resets after 230 goals.

★ Novice

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? andy_cfc12345
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? score over a certain ammount of goals and it resets itself. i play with the sliders up just because i get bored so i said ok im gonna do a full season with sliders up in career mode player so im now a couple games in and over 230 goals it gets reset to like 30 its like right now in total i have scored over 400 goals in the premier league with my created player but when i look on the ranking of who scored the most it says 112 thats after i scored more and brought it back up. this has been going on since fifa 12 its like you have set an maximum ammount of goals u can score in a season before it resets itself.
What happens when the bug occurs? what happens is you get to a certain ammount of goals in the season and it gets re set to like 45. i was on almost 300 goals for the season in the premier league and it reset to 40 something. it has some sort of default score so when u reach it the game resets my goals it still shows on the premier league table gd 450 but on my premier league most goals scored im first with 35 goals.....why is there a limiit on how many goals i can score in a season?
What should be happening instead? the numbers should stay true to the number of goals in a game. its got a default setting and you need to change it.

score over a certain ammount of goals and it resets itself. i play with the sliders up just because i get bored so i said ok im gonna do a full season with sliders up in career mode player so im now a couple games in and over 230 goals it gets reset to like 30 its like right now in total i have scored over 400 goals in the premier league with my created player but when i look on the ranking of who scored the most it says 112 thats after i scored more and brought it back up. this has been going on since fifa 12 its like you have set an maximum ammount of goals u can score in a season before it resets itself. 

what happens is you get to a certain ammount of goals in the season and it gets re set to like 45. i was on almost 300 goals for the season in the premier league and it reset to 40 something. it has some sort of default score so when u reach it the game resets my goals it still shows on the premier league table gd 450 but on my premier league most goals scored im first with 35 goals.....why is there a limit on how many goals i can score in a season?

Message 1 of 10 (1,520 Views)
Highlighted

Re: fifa 19 Player Career Mode Goal Limit Resets after 230 goals.

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @andy_cfc12345 

I'll send this onto the team to look into.

It may be that there is an intended limit, especially given that's a crazy amount of goals for one player to score in a season.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 10 (1,485 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

so why is the goal difference able to maintain the right number but the rest cant? why is there a limit anyway? whats the worst that happens? 

Message 3 of 10 (1,473 Views)
Highlighted

@andy_cfc12345  - Not saying there definitely is, just that it's a possibility.

- Andy -

Message 4 of 10 (1,458 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

no worries thanks for replying what will happen if they change it? will i just wait and see what happens. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,438 Views)
Highlighted

@andy_cfc12345  - I'll get it reported as a potential bug and it will be reviewed to see whether it can be fixed.

How long that might take I couldn't say. If it's changed it will be included in any future patch notes.

- Andy -

Message 6 of 10 (1,422 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I can confirm that this bug exists, also assists reset when you reach about 300 or so.

I too decided to see how many goals and assists I could get.

Message 7 of 10 (1,403 Views)
Highlighted

@abc681875931 @andy_cfc12345  - I spoke to the career mode team and there is currently a limit which should be 255 goals (if it's resetting before that we're going to look into that as a potential bug).

The limit is in there due to the way the game saves the info, increasing the limit could mean we see performance issues. They're going to see if that can be increased but as you can imagine we don't want to increase it if it's going to affect performance. I also can't promise any kind of time frame for something like that.

Cheers,

- Andy -

Message 8 of 10 (1,342 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Hi @ EA_Andy -

I've noticed that of late, there appears to be an issue with players being credited for the correct number of assists post each career mode game (half length = 15 mins)

This only seems to have happened over the past 2-3 months or so, as I've never observed this before..

Here's a link to a thread where this has been reported

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Assists-given-and-later-removed-for-no-reason/m-p/7127164#M318...

Any chance that this could get looked into mate?

Message 9 of 10 (1,279 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Might it affect on getting the golden boot or might it affect on getting prizes ingame because i could not the 255 goals added to the career

Message 10 of 10 (206 Views)
Twitter Stream