(falsly) banned from online features: Logitech Gaming Software maybe the reason?

by TackDaniels

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(falsly) banned from online features: Logitech Gaming Software maybe the reason?

★★ Novice

Hello!

I recently got banned from all Online Features for (falsely) detected cheat activities on my account.

To make it short: I surely did not cheat.

I suspect a third party software to be the problem (as it was before with FairFight and BF1). I'm using the Logitech Gaming Software for controlling my mouse. It's a Logitech G700 wich has 4 additional buttons. I use these buttons for the ingame inventary (key "3" to "6"). Now, in Battlefield ingame Control Settings, you're only able to set the additional buttons 1 and 2. The buttons 3 and 4 are not detected, so I have to set specific macros for these two buttons in the Logitech Gaming Software. These two macros only use the specific keys "5" and "6" to switch through inventory.

Is it possible that I got banned because this is detected as cheating and do you think that this is a legal reason for a permanent ban?

Maybe someone here has a similar issue with the mouse or the Logitech Gaming Software.

Thanks,

TackDaniels

Message 1 of 4 (845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (falsly) banned from online features: Logitech Gaming Software maybe the rea

EA DICE Team

The article will have details on how you can dispute the ban.

AHQ or EA forums is not the place to talk about your ban and I will be closing this topic. 

/Atic  

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (784 Views)

All Replies

Re: (falsly) banned from online features: Logitech Gaming Software maybe the rea

Hello @TackDaniels
Better to contact EA HELP and explain all about it there with EA advisor. Standard smile

EA HELP - https://help.ea.com

- Did you find my post useful? -> Please grant + XP
- Did my post solve your issue/answer your question.? -> Please accept as solution
- DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowManTv
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 4 (835 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your answer @WindowsManTv_CZE 

Of course I've already done that. I'm still waiting for an answer.

But tbh, if you read through similar cases on Reddit etc., you don't get good expectations about that.

That's why I'm trying to investigate by myself what the reason for the ban could have been. And I think, the Logitech Gaming Software seems to be the reason. Actually there already was an issue with BF1/FairFight and LGS 2 years ago (see picture) .

That's why I asked for similar experiences.

Message 3 of 4 (816 Views)

EA DICE Team

The article will have details on how you can dispute the ban.

AHQ or EA forums is not the place to talk about your ban and I will be closing this topic. 

/Atic  
Message 4 of 4 (785 Views)