error 524, sub account on Xbox live not connecting to the online multiplayer

by Fr33z1ngF1R3

Original Post

Re: error 524, sub account on Xbox live not connecting to the online multiplayer

Community Manager

@CajolingOx310 I'm not quite following what the issue is. Are both trying to play at the same time on the same console or are they using two copies of the game on two different consoles? 

Darko.png
Message 21 of 66 (5,593 Views)

Re: error 524, sub account on Xbox live not connecting to the online multiplayer

★★★ Newbie

Hi - we have exactly the same problem as the ones described above.  We spent a lot of money on Battlefront 2 for my son to play with is friends online.

He has a sub account (family) on XBox One / microsoft which I have relaxed all the restrictions even to the extend of saying he is an adult (which I hate having to do).  He still cannot play online.

However under my account it is no problem to play multi-player online. I agree with all the frustrated parents who have posted on this thread getting the 524 code.  EA - please alter your settings so that sub (family) members can also play multiplayer online on this amazing game!! Thanks

Message 22 of 66 (5,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We are having the same issue. Did you get any resolution to this issue?

Message 23 of 66 (5,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. I have the main account with Gold, my son can’t play BF2 multiplayer on his sub account without getting the 524 error. 

Message 24 of 66 (5,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I purchased battle front 2 so that’s I can play with my son. Why would EA expects us to have 2 separate live subscriptions. Why can’t they let sub accounts play. How frustrating is this. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Read through forums downloaded the origin client. Changed Xbox settings. All to no avail. EA the complexity hat you have created for your paying customers is out of control. We cannot use the games that we purchased. Please fix error 524.
Message 25 of 66 (5,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’m getting the same error code on my PS4 which has been playing fine! and Now not for some reason???
Message 26 of 66 (5,101 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
We are trying to just creat a new adult account
Message 27 of 66 (4,759 Views)

★★ Novice

In my case , he is just trying to play by himself under his account but he keeps getting error 524 this account is not able to play online. ? Why is he not able to play online? 

Message 28 of 66 (4,319 Views)

★★ Novice
n my case , he is just trying to play by himself under his account but he keeps getting error 524 this account is not able to play online. ? Why is he not able to play online? I purchased the game on Xbox live. We both have Xbox live gold accounts but I keep getting this error
Message 29 of 66 (4,318 Views)

Community Manager

@Rickybobbyinc What game are you seeing the issue with and how old is the user affected? 

Darko.png
Message 30 of 66 (4,284 Views)