Re: dx12 mode broken since update ???

by cyberfredcobra

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

You are absolutely correct.  This was broken in the last BF2 update.  I installed new drivers to try and fix it to no avail.  These CLOWNS at EA/DICE pushed this update out knowing damn well what they were breaking.  Either that or they are just lazy and incompetent and didn't test on a rig running DX12 which is just as absurd.  Get your head out of your * EA/DICE.

Message 21 of 49 (2,969 Views)

★ Guide

New october patch didn`t change the situation with dx12 mode. Still the same thing happening. It is enough to launch any match, throw grenade and the game crushed back to desktop((((. At least tell us you working on this problem. PLEASE!!!

Message 22 of 49 (2,945 Views)

★ Guide

indeed , I confirm , I ve just come back at home , install the new patch and problem is the same , dx12 is till broken Frown

60-70 fps with 2080 Ti in 1080p dx12....

Message 23 of 49 (2,862 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here: i7 7800xx - RTX 2070 - 32GB Ram - SSDs - Win10.

Tried deleting the folder in documents...game FPS went up for a couple of minutes...still at 20-40FPS.

Before it was at 6-10 fps. GPU all the time at 100% (not overheating, water cooled)

I have the feeling, that RTX was somehow enabled...as mostly NVIDIA RTX Cards seem to have those DX12 problems recently. 

Message 24 of 49 (2,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is my dxdiag. Have been having the same problem since the update. Game works fine when dx12 is off. The moment I enable it I get FPS as low as 4fps

Message 25 of 49 (2,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My 2080Ti does fine in Ultra, 1440p but tanks at around 8 FPS with DX12 on.  DxDiag.txt attached.

Message 26 of 49 (2,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@xBRAN wrote:

Same here: i7 7800xx - RTX 2070 - 32GB Ram - SSDs - Win10.

Tried deleting the folder in documents...game FPS went up for a couple of minutes...still at 20-40FPS.

Before it was at 6-10 fps. GPU all the time at 100% (not overheating, water cooled)

I have the feeling, that RTX was somehow enabled...as mostly NVIDIA RTX Cards seem to have those DX12 problems recently. 

Latest SWBF II update: No Cure after optimizing shaders...

DX11 (4GB VRAM) --> 60FPS capped

DX12 (8GB VRAM) --> stalls the GFX Card down to 1FPS within seconds

Did anyone try a fresh SWBF II install with an RTX Card?

Message 27 of 49 (2,627 Views)

★ Novice

Hey,

I just installed the game overnight (3700x, rtx2070super, 16GB Ram, nvme ssd, 1080p), and the problem still exist on DX12. Funny thing is, I only encounter the issue when I'm on an area where there's a lot of light/reflection going on. When I turn to a wall w/o any supposed RTX feature, 60 FPS constant (V-Sync enabled). So I think this kind of confirms the theory behind RTX making the engine crap itself. DxDiag attached. Oh, BFV works fine without any problem on PCMASTERRACE settings. O.o

Cheers

Message 28 of 49 (2,422 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't have an RTX but playing the campaign on DX12 with 1070 was frustrating, kept being blocked by bugs. Then the mission over Naboo would be mostly black screen. Switched to DX11 to make it work. Still lots of other bugs like floating bodies and bodies that keep dying again and again. Shame cause otherwise the campaign is great. 

Scary to see how many issues they have with that game years after launch. 

Message 29 of 49 (1,936 Views)

★ Novice

I have a RTX 3080 FE and this game runs like absolute garbage on DX12.... As low as 1 to 2 FPS!! Wow what is going on EA? I may get a refund this is ridiculous.

Message 30 of 49 (1,881 Views)