Re: dragon age keep

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

dragon age keep

★★★ Newbie
I keep trying to use dragon age keep and it has been down for about 4 hours . the website keeps saying error
Message 1 of 13 (1,064 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @craigypops,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

I visited the website myself, and it does say that they're doing some Maintenance at the moment.

If you'd like to check back maybe Tomorrow, hopefully everything will be back working again.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks Standard smile 

Community Manager

@craigypops The site was down for a little time but is back up now.

Darko.png
Message 3 of 13 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No it isn't, I navigated to the Tapestry section literally seconds ago and it continues to produce the "Oops, an error has occured" message. How about you actually fix it, BEFORE saying it's fixed.

Message 4 of 13 (965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hmm, turns out

1. closing the error message

2. selecting a game from the dropdown in the top left

3. Navigating away from the Tapestry section, to World States or something

4. Navigate back to Tapestry

Then it works properly. Still, it is a workaround I had to fiddle with to figure out.

Message 5 of 13 (961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Checked it again, going through the steps I provided. It no longer works. Fix your stuff EA!

Message 6 of 13 (947 Views)

Community Manager

@ColonolNutty I have been using the Keep all weekend and once the maintenance ended last week have had no issue navigating or using the site. Have you checked on your end to ensure that you do not have any add-on which could be interfering with the site?

Darko.png
Message 7 of 13 (908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
From what I can tell, it is centered around when you load a new Tapestry into the keep. To answer your question; No, I don't believe it was due to maintenance, because if it was, then the keep would not have worked at any time, even with my workaround. Here are the steps I remember making that may aid in your investigation:
1. Open the Navigation bar (Three lines top left)
2. Navigate to "World States"
3. Create a new world state by clicking one of the empty boxes
4. Load the newly created world state into the keep by opening the world state and clicking Load Into Keep
5. Open the Navigation bar (Three lines top left)
6. Navigate to "Tapestry"
Expected Result:
The Tapestry loads with Dragon Age Origins selected.

Actual Result:
No product is selected it just shows "Product" and the error "Oops, an error has occurred" appears.

Some investigation of my own:
1. At some point the selected "Product"(DAO, DAII, DAI) became empty which is what causes the error to appear.
2. Looking in the Development console shows a Null Reference being thrown, likely due to no product being selected.
Message 8 of 13 (834 Views)

★★★★ Novice
From what I can tell, it is centered around when you load a new Tapestry into the keep. To answer your question; No, I don't believe it was due to maintenance, because if it was, then the keep would not have worked at any time, even with my workaround. Here are the steps I remember making that may aid in your investigation:
1. Open the Navigation bar (Three lines top left)
2. Navigate to "World States"
3. Create a new world state by clicking one of the empty boxes
4. Load the newly created world state into the keep by opening the world state and clicking Load Into Keep
5. Open the Navigation bar (Three lines top left)
6. Navigate to "Tapestry"
Expected Result:
The Tapestry loads with Dragon Age Origins selected.

Actual Result:
No product is selected it just shows "Product" and the error "Oops, an error has occurred" appears.

Some investigation of my own:
1. At some point the selected "Product"(DAO, DAII, DAI) became empty which is what causes the error to appear.
2. Looking in the Development console shows a Null Reference being thrown, likely due to no product being selected.
Message 9 of 13 (833 Views)

Community Manager

@ColonolNuttySo I followed your steps there and had no problem loading up a new tapestry. The issue would appear to be on your end. Do you have any odd extensions installed? 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 13 (881 Views)