Re: dragon age 2 crashing on mac?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

dragon age 2 crashing on mac?

★★ Novice

i just downloaded dragon age 2 on my macbook air. it loads up fine and i can get up to the very first combat, but after that it just closes. this is obviously annoying because i can't progress in the game because i can't get to a point where I'm able to save. I've never used origin before and downloading the game was a little weird -- it gave me a code to enter and said that something was going to download my game for me, but i never got prompted to enter the code and just launched the game. 

i know that a macbook air is probably not the ideal platform for playing video games but I'm pretty sure it should work -- according to the little compatibility thing i have all the right components. should i clear some stuff off of my laptop, or is this an issue where i'll have to redownload something? 

Message 1 of 5 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @jeanprouvaire06

Unfortunately, Mac has a slightly limited troubleshooting since these devices were not designed to play video games in the first place, but it doesn't mean that we cannot try out a few things Wink

Let me know if anything helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jeanprouvaire06

Did you see this after launching the game for the first time?

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 20.50.27.png

The same thing with the code happened to me too, I wouldn't worry about that.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)

★★ Novice
hey! i tried a bunch of probably unhelpful stuff (my knowledge of computers is limited to pressing the keys haha) so i have no idea what i did but it ended up working. it is kinda buggy (all the cutscenes in the hanged man have started crashing :-|) but i can play it. thanks tho :-)
Message 4 of 5 (285 Views)

@jeanprouvaire06

Super! Can you remember what you did at all, so others who may experience the same issue can benefit from your wisdom :D Did you have to lower your in-game graphics?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (281 Views)