Re: dim screen+alt tab crash

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

dim screen+alt tab crash

★ Apprentice

Untitled.png

when i start the game sometimes i get this to happen and the only fix is to alt+f4 and it will work sometimes also when i alt+tab the game it messes up the video settings and i have to restart i have tried everything and where do i look for a patch

Message 1 of 7 (917 Views)

@jawssss I had some issues too when trying to start the game on my laptop. For me, I found a solution here: https://respawnfirst.com/madden-nfl-21-crash-fix/

I'm not exactly sure whether the issue you face can be solved by one of the suggested approaches, but for me it seemed to be very helpful.

hope that helps. good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 2 of 7 (912 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Neo_Novalis no that did not help there is a dim layer
Message 3 of 7 (873 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jawssss with the dim screen i have to alt+f4 and when i restart it sometimes goes away and with the alt+tab when i tab out and come back in the video settings are messed up and will not fullscreen and alt+enter will not work and i have to restart
Message 4 of 7 (861 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have not tried clean boot

Message 5 of 7 (833 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jawssss i want to wait on a patch
Message 6 of 7 (815 Views)

Community Manager

@jawssss 

Hey there.

The team is focused on Madden NFL 22 at the moment and I do not foresee a patch for this type of issue in the works. We haven't seen many other reports on this, so it leads me to believe we can fix this through some Windows troubleshooting.

Have you checked to see if you any pending Windows updates and/or a video card driver that needs to be updated? Video card drivers don't update on their own unless you run a program such as GeForce Experience which will notify you. Updates for video cards come out quite frequently. 

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Do you know if you have any auto-dimming features enabled on your PC or have checked your Windows Power Settings to see if there is another option to select to see if you notice any difference? There is an adaptive brightness setting.

It could be night light:

To disable the Night Light on your Windows 10, follow this step:

Right-click on your desktop -> Display Settings -> Night Light

Secondly, to disable the Windows 10 Game Bar, follow this step:

Windows Settings -> Gaming -> Select Game Bar on the left column

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (802 Views)