cutscenes stutter during single player

by Osiris_Revenge

Original Post

cutscenes stutter during single player

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

When playing the single player I have no issues with the FPS, most of the time above the 110 FPS. But during the cutscenes the FPS drops to 35 FPS or i experience stutterings sometime. Running on a i7 7700k (4.5Ghz) , 16GB mem and a GTX1080TI - max settings at 1080p. Vsync is off and 200frames limit. 

Also no problems during multiplayer games. Run smooth as butter.

Does somebody know a solution for this?

Message 1 of 16 (20,263 Views)

Re: cutscenes stutter during single player

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Osiris_Revenge,

This is a known issue.

DirectX

• Micro-Stuttering

• If you’re running on Direct X 12 and seeing microstuttering in-game, go into the Video settings in-game and toggle Direct X 12 off. Ignore the pop-up, exit back to the options screen, then restart your game.

• Microstuttering can also be down to a driver issue, whether it’s a driver conflict or the latest driver for your graphics card not working well with Battlefield V. If you’ve already tried a clean reinstall of your graphics drivers, you may just need to wait for a new driver to fix it.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vclld/battlefield_vs_known_issues_list/

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey man, thank you for your reply, i very much appreciate it. 

Switching to DX11 didn’t fix the issue. I have tested it both in DX11 and DX12 it happens on both.

The issue i’m talkibg about is just the cinematic cut-scenes  in the single player war stories. Not the actual gameplay which is perfectly smooth.  

Message 3 of 16 (20,229 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Osiris_Revenge,

When in-game cutscenes is going on do you notice any hardware usage going up?

/Atic

Message 4 of 16 (20,198 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey @Osiris_Revenge,

When in-game cutscenes is going on do you notice any hardware usage going up?

/Atic

Hi Atic,

i didn't noticed any hardware usage going up during cut scenes. 

the stutters are very little and barely visible and i tested it only in Under no flag yet because it's the only war story i played so far and i also noticed that it's happening consistently pretty much on the same places during the cut scene. Maybe it's just the quality of it been recorded IDK Frown  

Message 5 of 16 (20,189 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Just update;
I think that after i switched to DX11 and disabled Origin in game overlay the sutters reduced significantly compared to DX12 mode. Not sure if it’s the fix yet. Need further testing.
Message 6 of 16 (20,169 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the update @Osiris_Revenge, let me know how it goes. Standard smile 

/Atic

Message 7 of 16 (20,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

after watching some game-play of BF V war stories on Youtube i came to the conclusion that it's happening for everyone on the exactly same places during war stories cutscenes so i guess it's a common "issue" not just me.

You can see an example of the stutter issue in the video below of "The last Tiger" gameplay cut scene at 17:57 *contain spoiler*

Spoiler

Message 8 of 16 (20,138 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem now, 7 months after last post in this thread.. Everything else runs smooths but the cutscenes.. Anyone ever found a solution? Because nether borderless, fulscreen or Windowed works for me.

Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 

NvIdia GeForce GTX 1060

16GB RAM

Thanks

Message 9 of 16 (19,391 Views)

Community Manager

@DoozyJerp 

Have you been playing the game daily and noticed this since the recent update or have you taken a break? We'll need to take a look at your DxDiag and check to see if you have Origin In-Game disabled under your Origin client's Application Settings. (You'll want to try it disabled)

Have you tried right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting repair or played in DX11?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 16 (19,388 Views)