Re: cutscenes stutter during single player

by chrisoutwright

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Blueberry, thanks,  yeah I just installed Origin to get Access (Subscription).. And started playing. Tried everything but nothing works. Until now.. I don't know how but after cutscene #1 (Cutscene #2) - in Chpt 2, it started working.. Sory I can't be m ore specific about it but well now it works, for me...

Message 11 of 16 (4,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey.. Just wanted to let somebody know that uninstalling the game and reinstalling (On a new EA account tho). - Helped alot.. And also setting my clock to 3.9 instead of my 4.0......

Thanks 

Message 12 of 16 (4,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Osiris_RevengeI get half of the monitor refresh in pre-recorded cutscenes (both on gsync and off in dx11). Also when a chapter starts and the landmarks are being assigned (depot, alarm etc.) I get a stuttering also, although it is not pre-recorded and my frames still show very high values (140 fps). I think the animations after cutscenes are bugged as well (Norway campaign: Solveign Mother first being presented to daughter; after the hypothermia chapter-end when new mission loads, the landmarks being presented in the heavy water complex stutter sturing that animation). I think in battlefield 1 all cutscenes were having periodic stutters every 5 sec or so as well.

It has absolutely nothing to do with microstuttering as the stutters are in the 100s of milliseconds and it cutscenes even seconds. I think the cutscenes cant sync properly with anything not equal 60hz /30 hz or so. The other stutterings are fixed fps animations i think but when using 60+hz refresh displays they bug.

Message 13 of 16 (4,510 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Soldiers,

You won't believe, during this ongoing Origin Black Friday sale, I bought Battlefield 1 Revolution (Premium Edition) two days ago and when I started playing this game for the first time, it launched in Windowed Mode and there the cut-scenes were running buttery smooth but when I switched back to Full-screen mode, don't know why it started stuttering like it's running in 12-20 FPS! Literally it's so annoying! Then I tweaked multiple graphics settings to check if it's an issue with some particular graphics setting or not but to my surprise, today when I launched the game, it's now working flawlessly! I just changed my monitor in the second DP port and voila! Indeed a very peculiar issue. My PC config. is Intel Core i7 9th Gen, 32GB RAM, Radeon RX Vega 64 (8GB), Windows 10 Enterprise Edition and 1TB HDD.

Thanks,

PontyPlays

Message 14 of 16 (4,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still an issue in 2021, so for anyone looking for a fix I found the key was switching to Windowed mode.  This made the stuttering cutscenes go away completely.  Now cutscenes run as smooth as my gameplay!  I confirmed this by switching to Fullscreen mode, which caused some choppiness, and Borderless made cutscenes absolutely terrible- pretty much unwatchable.

In case anyone is also struggling with choppy gameplay (which I also experienced), turning off DX12 in advanced video settings fixed that.

I knew something was off when my system running a 5700XT and Ryzen 3700X with 32GB RAM was struggling, so if you've got a capable system as well this may work!

Message 15 of 16 (3,848 Views)

Message 16 of 16 (1,670 Views)