Re: crashing with specs far exceeding requirements

by Spake_BeFree

Original Post

crashing with specs far exceeding requirements

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Saw a couple guys here with the same issue but with older cpus and were dismissed saying their cpu is too old. WELL. Enter ME

My original thread was marked as spam. this is not spam. this is a real issue.

Intel Xeon E5-4650 v4 Broadwell EP 14 core/28 thread

GTX 1080Ti

32gb ddr4 ram

My game continues to crash to desktop as soon as the ball is kicked, or i get tackled.

Ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, repairing the install, lowering graphics, turning vsync on/off, turning different graphics options on/off, turning refresh rate from 144 to 60, etc. nothing is working. my nvidia driver is the most current available.

Every other game i have, some more demanding than madden 19, and all other frostbite games, all run perfectly. i should also say that Fallout 3 works flawlessly as does the mass effect trilogy and those are games from between 2008 and 2012 and they play nice with my xeon so for madden 19 which is running on frostbite engine to not work with my specs is ludicrous.

this is a real problem that cannot just be dismissed.

Message 1 of 3 (277 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can tell you what they will say - change the processor :D

Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

bumping this thread with a youtube video i made of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqa5cMRqIKM

@EA_Barrytagging you in here. I did try unplugging my oculus rift HDMI cable and that had no effect. i have tried everything from unplugging all usb devices except ones that make the computer actually function (mouse/keyboard/xbox one wireless dongle) to driver updates etc etc. this really does appear to be a problem in the underlying code with the game or a missing game file that origin is not distributing.

Message 3 of 3 (208 Views)