Re: controller keyboard back and forth issues

by JengosGrandpa

Original Post

controller keyboard back and forth issues

★★ Novice

I'm have a some unplayable at time issues with this game. 

Most of the time the game will switch back and forth between the controller and keyboard there needs to be away to completely remove the keyboard and mouse. When this happens to hit some buttons on the controller no matter what controller I use will cause player to run backward when trying to chase someone or make the game go from full screen to windowed or minimize the game. I have repaired the game and reinstalled it a few times now. also used a wired and Bluetooth xbox one controller. 

Also seems that at times the game lags or freezes and then speeds up to catch up...

Message 1 of 7 (5,302 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue with the controller. I've reported it as a bug. I've used both wired and wireless controllers.
Message 2 of 7 (5,274 Views)

★★ Novice

ITS BECOMING VERY UNPLAYABLE

Message 3 of 7 (5,251 Views)

★★ Novice

I've put the game down for some time now. has this been fixed yet? 

Message 4 of 7 (5,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just got M19 tonight and I seem to be having the same issue.

I can't even get through the menus though, it just keeps flipping back and forth/up and down between the menus, then I get controller options and then keyboard options...it's crazy!!

If I don't throw a touchdown soon I'm gonna go crazy!!

EVGA Z270 Classified K ; i7 7700k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 1080GTX SC ACX ; Creative Zx ; Windows 10 Pro ; LG 2560x1080 Ultrawide ; Fully updated all the newest drivers....FAST Hard drives.

Message 5 of 7 (5,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I found out my issue was being caused by my flight controls for my flight simulator, I unplugged those and am now using a Logitech gamepad F310, instead of a keyboard, and it's working perfectly.

Message 6 of 7 (5,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem, somewhat.

Installed Madden 19 for PC and had a G29 Wheel and an Xbox 360 controller installed on rig.

Madden would recognize that there was a controller there but was switching options all over the place, very fast.

I could get the controller sticks to try to change selections but game would flip option back to it's back and forth issue.

Finally got it to behave by using a suggestion on this thread..https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Madden-19-PC-Controller-support/td-p/6955131/page/4

--------------

by Primuris

Yes it still works using the same thing I posted from last night. You need to be sure to run steam in admin startup. One thing to note im plugged in using the usb cable and of course the button layout is a xbox pad in game so you need to get accustom to that.

Start steam in admin

Add madden to steam

Enable ps4 and xbox controller support (check them in big pic mode settings)

Be sure origin is closed

Run madden from steam big pic mode origin starts at that point

When the game loads in the ds4 should be a xbox pad

I have been using this method for 2 days now with no issue running windows 10

Message 7 of 7 (5,143 Views)