constant disconnects to empty server list

by pzilocke

Original Post

constant disconnects to empty server list

★★★ Apprentice

Topic says it all...

5 min after login i dc to an empty server list, over and over today i've had 3 chrashes in 12 min of playing.

yesterday i had 3 chrashes within 1 hour of playing.

the day before that i had 7 chrashes in 30 min.

The game is simply unplayable as this keeps going on, every time i have to do a complette new login with key and everything.

I've flushed my DNS, cleared my caches, i've done just about every trouble shooting there is to do on my side but nothing works.

This is the ONLY game i have issues with, and im playing 3 other mmo's, 4 different online shooters, and a bunch of singleplayer games that requires online connections.

had a chat with some guildies that is having the same issue as me and some random people on different servers both on EU and US servers also with the same issue, so the picture is clear, once again someone at the dev department broke something yet again...

Message 1 of 8 (1,251 Views)

Re: constant disconnects to empty server list

@pzilocke 

I am not seeing anyone else reporting a similar issue at present here so maybe the devs are targeting you specifically

just on the off chance they are not targeting you, start with removing and re-adding the exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe to all your exception lists for the antivirus and firewall.

after that give the router/modem a reboot as well and if it still persists after that if you can test with another internet connection would be beneficial

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 8 (1,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Star Wars  The Old Republic Screenshot 2019.03.31 - 07.55.35.13.png

Star Wars The Old Republic Screenshot 2019.03.31 - 07.55.35.13

not even 1 min after first login.

Star Wars  The Old Republic Screenshot 2019.03.31 - 08.07.52.35.png

Star Wars The Old Republic Screenshot 2019.03.31 - 08.07.52.35

second login lasted about 9 min.

so yeah i guess the devs ARE targeting me, or you know, like i said, it could be that one of the coders/devs broke something again like they usualy do due to faulty codings etc ?

like i allready stated in my original post, i've allready tried all the solutions, old as new and since this is an ongoing issue that keeps cooming back to this game and has been since like 1 year or so after launch, i could be right in my statement about the devs/coders breaking something yet again.

Message 3 of 8 (1,217 Views)

@pzilocke 

If you grab www.pingplotter.com and have it graphing to say www.google.com when playing see if there is any change in the graph when the disconnect occurs.

that graph can be saved as a jpg and inserted into a post here

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 8 (1,198 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

no need, had a chat with support today and they know about the issue, more people than me have contacted them about it and the answer was its a server(s) side issue.

My money is on the coding like always since the original coders was laid off/left EA and it has been in shambles ever since that time. They simply cant do anything but patch the engine since that as well is in a bad state as it is now, and with every patch comes new or old returning problems.

Message 5 of 8 (1,190 Views)

★ Novice

I started playing again a week ago, and I've been getting that problem, disconnect to blank server list with an error message "unable to retrieve server list." But it is not so frequent for me. When it happens, it's about 30 minute to 1 hour into play time. Sometimes I don't get it at all during a 2-hour session. I asked in general chat on a few different play sessions, and each time at least 1 or 2 players would say they had similar issues.

Yesterday I added launcher.exe + swtor.exe to my firewall and AV exception lists, and adding the various ports to my router's port-forwarding. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-ports/

I hadn't had a disconnect all day yesterday, but today I had 1 after 45 minutes. This time the server list DID populate, and it gave a different error message, something about disconnection. I don't know if the 2 things I did yesterday helped, or if it's a coincidence. I also had Pingplotter running yesterday and today. I didn't see anything unusual in the graph around the time of the disconnect.

Message 6 of 8 (1,156 Views)

@waifuhunter0 

What ISP are you using and location for reference, there have been a few reports similar and discussion if this is a ISP issue or a node that several ISPs are using. 

QA/CS are not tracking any server specific issue at this stage, irrespective of the statement in this thread

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 8 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

update: In Illinois, with Comcast/Xfinity.

I haven't had a disconnection in a few days. Either it was temporary problem, the adding ports and exe to my router and AV/Firewall helped, or everything was a coincidence.

another update: I just had a disconnection, but again the server list was filled and the message said something about customer service instead of "could not retrieve." So I think the port forwarding helped a little but not completely.

Message 8 of 8 (1,123 Views)