Re: constant connection issues

by leovon1

Original Post

constant connection issues

★★★★ Novice

This is getting beyond a joke now. Constant poor signal issues in game. Dont get it with any other game. Running 80mb fibre broadband and checked and all steady. No issues streaming hd movies etc.

The sig loss is just for a second or 2 but that can be enough.

Plus now when i get enough points for a bonus crate it often never appears or appears later in game while fighting.

Issues def not my end!!

Message 1 of 10 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having this problem too when connect to WiFi. Im using High speed fiber internet 50mbps. Phone model Pocophone F1.

It happens always when i connect to not only my home Wifi, even someother places as well. Ihad to switch Wifi & use mobile data run the game smoothly.

Connection lost for few seconds when ever my phone connected to WiFi & during to battle.

Message 2 of 10 (928 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi and thank you for posting.

The network warning comes up more often on WiFi due to how WiFi works and how sensible it is regarding interference and package losses. Switching to a cellular connection often helps here to improve.

Message 3 of 10 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Borderline unplayable , both with Wifi and with mobile data, really frustrating and undesirable , please fix this

Message 4 of 10 (885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I still get it even on 4g mobile data! I find interence not to be an issue. I play several online games, some of them fast moving and data intensive.... no problems at all. I am actually sat about 4ft from the wifi router which is on 5ghz matching my phone. When i do a check there are no other wifi routers or appliances running on 5ghz within range. Similar system scans show the connection to be excellent with absolutely minimal packet loss etc.

If it were an issue at my end then i would be experiencing issues with my other games etc too, not to mention when i stream 4k movies to my tv etc. Chatting to tohers it seems that this isa  fairly common issue in the game. Last night i had to abandon playing as it was so frequent that i kept losing due to 2 to 3 second gaps and then suddenly the game catches up in move move and boom... game over.

This is definately a server issue. Been playing online games for several years, build my own computer systems and set up my own networks etc, so im no neewbie at this sort of thing.

Message 5 of 10 (865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there game making guru’s!  I shouldn’t be required to disable or enable WiFi to play a game. Fix your connection algorithms. What happened to service oriented companies?  It’s not the user. It’s lazy designing. 

Message 6 of 10 (735 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Quick update. The issue seems to be getting worse. At home, at work, out and about... Same issue. As i said before, no issue with any other online game, some with up to 8 players involved! Now had my line checked by provider who have reported a stable connection with no issues over 3 days. I have heard of many people experiencing this now.
Im no expert that this suggests an issue with your servers.
Game is virtually unplayable now.. Several drop outs with 10mins tonight. Pointless.
Any chance of a real reply rather than a casual 'blame the user' one...
Message 7 of 10 (692 Views)

★ Guide

Have you tried disabling your Bluetooth or switch to 2.4 GHz?

2.4 is most reliable, 5.0 isn't.

I've noticed people post fiber speeds, lmao fiber speeds don't mean squat since your phone isn't directly connected to it.

I get many people asking me why they only get 94 mb  but they pay for 1 gb service... Simple answer is their routers only support 100 to 300 mb

Also you can't compare playing a video to playing a game, they use totally different codes.

Also just read on Huawei website that thier new phones and tablets don't come with v7 codes which is a standard for playing many app games....but they offer 3rd party software and codes to fix the problem.

So remember check your own manufacturer websites and Google for your device and see solutions from many other people.

Message 8 of 10 (641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So today has been worse than ever... Literally gave up.

My mobile is connected to my router with a recorded speed of 74mb according to some software. The router is a 6 month old performance router which runs up to 600mb. I run it on 5ghz as when on 2.4 the channels as massively congested here... Only 2 signals being up on 5ghz! Hence i use 5ghz. I did try 2.4 just to see but just as bad. Now i appreciate that movies are different, but i run my xbox x off the same wifi and no matter how intense the gaming i get no connection issues or lags. As i said before, i play several online games on my phone, some far more intense than this.... And again no issues.

So either the game has issues or im extremely unlucky because i get same issue at home and at work (150mb broadband!), and on 2 different phones... But again only on this game.

Looking at the facts and the fact many others are having same issue...my money is on the game.

The 2 phones that have been used are an lg g6 and lg g7, oh and a lenovo tab4 tablet...

Going to have to uninstal the game soon as pointless

Message 9 of 10 (585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry... Correction, a lg g5 and lg g6.

Bluetooth is off too.

Message 10 of 10 (584 Views)