Re: connection to ea online timed out.

by Carbonic

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic what is going on...... I have seen more threads on this startup, you can't close your eyes and hope this goes away, do your job.

Message 61 of 67 (770 Views)

★ Apprentice

Embarrassing this is..... @EA_Atic

Message 62 of 67 (709 Views)

Hero

Answers HQ is a mostly community-driven site where gamers help each other. It's not direct customer support as help.ea.com which is why there might take a while for people like Atic to come back to this thread (he could be on holiday etc.).

I don't work for EA and can't see the UOtrace, is there a chance you could share it with the rest of us?

carbonic signature

Message 63 of 67 (695 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Carbonic Although i appreciate you casting an unbiased view on the situation, Atic has had far too many opportunities to do the correct thing, pass the issue back to the dev team, the fact the error message is as poorly thought through as it is, it should go in as a bug on its own or a change request (arguably) 

Its been 3 weeks since his last activity here, unless he is taken all his holiday at once (which is of course possible) I would prefer to stick with view that this game is getting replaced and its getting swept under the rug, but hey i would love to believe at some point Atic might come back and he has been on holiday and feeds this back through to the dev team and lets not forget there are other staff members who i see on here so they could quite easily pull their finger out and help him out.

As my previous posts indicate i have already spent hours chatting to EA support directly about this issue and they came up with nothing and directed me here and its been just as bad from an EA side.

I have attached my latest trace (i think) at this stage i have kind of given up on the game, i have spent more time on it than the 12 quid i spent on it is worth, especially when people who work for EA care so little about it, at this point the only reason im here is because it annoys me how much neglect this issue has received but sometimes I have to remind myself im dealing with EA they have the reputation they do for a reason.

Message 64 of 67 (683 Views)

Hero

Your trace seems normal.

Do you play BF 3/4/Hardline without issues by any chance?

Can you do a trace to the i3d servers in Germany and the Netherlands on https://www.i3d.net/myip/ too? I'm curious if those will look different.

carbonic signature

Message 65 of 67 (664 Views)

★ Novice

For what it's worth....I'm another one with the same issue. Tried all the 'workarounds/solutions/advice'. 

Consistent random disconnects...last night I was getting to play for 30mins or so at a time before I got disconnected. Tonight, I've tried 6 different servers and haven't managed more than 5minutes on any of them. Last 2 servers I tried I didn't even manage 2minutes.

UK - Virgin Media. Wired. No issues with any other games. 

It's a joke. As others have said very tempted to cancel. 24hr stuff is nonsense. You cant charge for a service you are not providing.

Message 66 of 67 (593 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thought i would come back and revive this thread just as a reminder of how embarrassing this issue is and how embarrassingly bad the community manager handled it.

As an update though i wasted a lot of money on BF1 and never got to play it, got Battlefield V and it works fine, again this was a bug with BF1 that the higher ups on this forum would not just forward to the dev team to fix.

....Embarrassing 

Message 67 of 67 (480 Views)