Re: connecting to match

by Xniop

Original Post

Accepted Solution

connecting to match

★★★ Novice

For well over two weeks now I have literally been unable to play Apex. It seems to have started shortly after Season 10 started. When I ready up I get put into matchmaking, once it switches to "connecting to match" the game seems to stutter and intermittently freeze (although I can still scroll through menus). Sometimes it will get stuck on matchmaking as well. It will stay stuck on connecting to match or matchmaking as long as I let it until I get disconnected for inactivity. If I have someone in my party they get into the match but I do not and they're left with one less teammate for the match. I have tried anything and everything, from rebooting modem/router, resetting everything to default settings, opening every port imaginable, trying both wired and wireless connections, repairing game files, reinstalling the game on both steam and origin, creating a new account, reinstalling Windows completely, nothing has worked. Short of getting a new ISP, I feel like I have done everything. Weeks of Season 10 have been wasted and honestly I'm not quite sure if I'll even be able to play before its over.

I've attached my UOTrace results.

Message 1 of 14 (3,527 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I’ve been meaning to post my solution but kept forgetting! I did try different accounts as well as both steam and origin, neither of those worked for me. But for anyone having the same issue as me I fixed it by using a VPN. A little annoying to have to use a VPN but I use NordVPN and it works like a charm. I usually use a Virginia server and I get a 25-30 ms ping. The second I take the VPN off, Apex doesn’t work. I have AT&T fiber internet. I guess that’s the problem. Thanks for everyone trying to help out!

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (3,905 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@McNasties try using this dns primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4
Message 2 of 14 (3,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I have already tried changing my DNS and flushing DNS. I forgot to put that in my list of things I’ve tried lol

Message 3 of 14 (3,487 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@McNasties0 try to check your connection in other games and try to repair the game files
Message 4 of 14 (3,462 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried to repair the game files. Also, I have no issue whatsoever playing any other multiplayer game, Call of Duty, Splitgate, GTA V/Fivem, and also no issue on my Xbox with any online games.

Message 5 of 14 (3,455 Views)

★ Novice

same issue with me, I can get into games but than my game freezes and stutters beyond belief, I can’t even play the game and I bought the battle pass. I’ve tried everything to fix my game and no luck. It seems to stop and I can play but it comes back randomly. It’s so bad now I can’t even pick a champion I just get stuck looking at the loading screen, I hear the game running (I.E my legend says he is the jumpmaster) but no luck.

Message 6 of 14 (3,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I played season 10 for a little then after I got back into the game it wouldn't work, as preference of what was happening I ready up and it keeps me in the starting lobby until I eventually get bored and just get out of the game. any help would be appreciated as I bought the battle pass and do not want to waste this season as it is really fun from what I have played.

Message 7 of 14 (3,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bump. No help from EA?

Message 8 of 14 (3,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too as soon as I hit connecting to match my whole game freezes for about 5 seconds and then will stutter and completely stop working. This has been happening for 2 weeks I’ve tried everything . This all happened randomly I played for a while and one day it just happened. Hopefully I can find something here because it’s super frustrating. 

Message 9 of 14 (3,351 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ItsYaBoiToaster @McNasties @McNasties0 @sullypupjr @Xniop what platform is everyone on? 

Have you tried different accounts?

If you are on PC hav e you tried Steam and Origin and seeing the same issue? 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 14 (3,329 Views)