What is this error and why is it so frequent lately?

by Pretzelnutcake

Original Post

client/cl_utility.gnut #823 error.

★★★ Newbie

So my internet is fine, I repaired the anti-cheat and I also reinstalled the game. I also restarted the computer. I also waited 24hrs and I am still having the same issue. It only seems to happen when I get close to opponents. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (667 Views)

Re: client/cl_utility.gnut #823 error.

★★★ Newbie

same problem 

3 times in a row. 

Date: 03 May 2020 

Message 2 of 7 (646 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ShoolPizza 4 times in a row.
Message 3 of 7 (636 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

Does it seem like this is happening at a certain spot in the game, or is it just random? Are you doing anything in particular, such as trying to pick up an item or open a box, when it happens? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 7 (549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get it all the time.  My game will freeze or lag then after a few seconds move a frame or two and then gnut boot.  Never used to get it.  Happens all the time now.  

Message 5 of 7 (505 Views)

Community Manager

I appreciate the details. 

Can we try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if that helps with this at all? I'm curious if this may actually be happening because of a connection issue of some kind. 

First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. If it keeps happening after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how it goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 7 (470 Views)

What is this error and why is it so frequent lately?

★★★ Pro

Literally every other match I randomly freeze before going back to normal only to realize I'm dead or my teammates late left already, or more commonly I just get this stupid error message, literally every other game crashes now it seems, please tell me you're working on a fix for this in the coming update

IMG_20200507_001642.jpg

Message 7 of 7 (449 Views)