cant link new device

★★ Newbie

got a new Note 8 and it wont let me link my old account....any suggestions

Message 1 of 2 (671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant link new device

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @copper1304, the steps will differ depending on what device you played on before.

If you're looking to move from an Android to a newer Android, you would need to link your SWGOH Account to the Google Play Store on both the older device and then the newer one in order to connect the SWGOH account on your New Note 8.

If you were on a iOS device before, it has a different operating system and the steps wouldn't be the same. This EA Help article has a step-by-step guide to moving your account over in that case: "Move your Star Wars™ Galaxy of Heroes account using this tool".

Those steps should work for moving your account over but if you have any trouble with them, please get help from an EA Advisor directly

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (627 Views)

All Replies

Re: cant link new device

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @copper1304, the steps will differ depending on what device you played on before.

If you're looking to move from an Android to a newer Android, you would need to link your SWGOH Account to the Google Play Store on both the older device and then the newer one in order to connect the SWGOH account on your New Note 8.

If you were on a iOS device before, it has a different operating system and the steps wouldn't be the same. This EA Help article has a step-by-step guide to moving your account over in that case: "Move your Star Wars™ Galaxy of Heroes account using this tool".

Those steps should work for moving your account over but if you have any trouble with them, please get help from an EA Advisor directly

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (628 Views)