Why is it so difficult to play online?

by KerrB03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can’t play online (a way out)

★★ Novice
my brother and I game share on Xbox and whenever either one of us try to invite the other to the game, nothing happens. the circle on the loading screen just keeps turning and turning. we’re in the same house but on different networks, so that shouldn’t matter. I would think us both owning the game would make things easier than a friend pass?
Message 1 of 8 (6,357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can’t play online (a way out)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi

we only bought the game once, we game share as I had said originally. we both have our own console, I already resolved the issue by clearing the MAC address on both consoles.

thanks though! I really appreciate the response!

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (7,179 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @rjhammm

The point of having a Friends Pass is to not buy the second copy of the game Standard smile

Just to clarify, can I ask if you're trying to play on one Xbox One (no pun intended) with split-screen or you have two consoles and want to play online? 

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (6,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi

we only bought the game once, we game share as I had said originally. we both have our own console, I already resolved the issue by clearing the MAC address on both consoles.

thanks though! I really appreciate the response!
Message 3 of 8 (7,180 Views)

@rjhammm

I'm happy to hear that the issue has been resolved Standard smile I will mark your post as the accepted solution Wink

Have fun with the game!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 8 (6,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Taking
Message 5 of 8 (6,262 Views)

★★★ Novice
I can’t play with my friend online either, I bought the game yesterday, he already had it, we both cleared the alternative MAC address and restarted our Xbox, we have no problems connecting on any other game. We just keep getting a loading screen that never moves on. Really disappointed, is there a solution to this?
Message 6 of 8 (6,026 Views)

Hey @JDevereaux87

Could you check if you're both using the same Internet Protocol Version (IPv4)?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 8 (5,996 Views)

Why is it so difficult to play online?

★★★ Newbie

My brother-in-law and I have been trying to get this online setup since it’s release. He owns a disc copy of the game, I’ve downloaded the the trial thing. He sends invites I never get. What do you have to do to play online?

Message 8 of 8 (5,303 Views)