Re: [bug] Class Mission item reward requiring expansion.

by shhfiftyfive

Original Post

[bug] Class Mission item reward requiring expansion.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I didn't find any post about this bug so here it goes.
After finishing the smuggler class mission series on Hoth the green item reward from the mission said that it required Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion, but since this is a mission from the class stories from when the game was first released it should not require any expansion at all. I am sure this is some sort of bug with the 4.0 patch.

Message 1 of 18 (3,736 Views)

Hero

Since this hasn't been reported and I searched as well, I would go ahead and file it under the bug reports section of swtor.com.  Just mainly if it is a bug those reports are looked at by the devs vs CSR or other forum users.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 18 (3,701 Views)

I have flagged this thread for onforwarding to the studio

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 18 (3,699 Views)

Community Manager

@Rumeel87 Hi,

Thanks for the report, I have passed it on.

Going forward, as @Belgorad pointed out, if you are a subscriber, it would be great if you could report bugs such as this one in-game by typing /bug. Or head on over and post on the Bug Report Forums.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 18 (3,678 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there.

I am not a subscriber, so this is the place where I can report these.

I am here to report that this bug is still in game and I have seen it happen with other classes, not only smugglers and it is with pratically every weapon item reward. Armor itens seem to be working well. 

Thanks.

Message 5 of 18 (3,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi there! i am having this issue too with both of my characters. i havent been able to equip any light sabers since i got my first one!! all of them say they require rise of the hutt cartell expansion. is there any way we can fix this? verry frustrating

Message 6 of 18 (3,156 Views)

Hero

@Ace_of_jacks1

There is no current work around.  This thread was from a time when a lot of players were getting this so they had to push a patch to fix a lot of items.  Is this issue happening to every light saber you get including the one from when you first leave the starter planet?  The one that can be modified?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 7 of 18 (3,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes, the only one i've been able to use so far is the first one you get. none of the other ones will equip, it says requires expansion hut cartell

Message 8 of 18 (3,147 Views)

Hero

@Ace_of_jacks1

Try emailing support@swtor.com with this information to see if they can assist.  This would be the avenue to take if your not a subscriber to submit an in-game ticket.

– Yoda

Message 9 of 18 (3,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

how is this still a thing??? in late 2017?

if this was a bug, why is it still a thing? i just returned to the game, as preferred (from subbing only at launch) and completing nar shaddah level 26-30ish i get back to my ship and complete that class quest storyline for that planet... my reward (weapon) requires hutt dlc...

this is so sad. all my armor/gear is rated like 80+ and my weapon is rated 46, and the new one that requires the hutt dlc isn't even much better (54)...

so are we supposed to go buy weapons for 1-50 story f2p/preferred now???

where can we get decent (green) weapon for 1-50? the market has none.. and no NPC vendors selling green BOE's

and pathetic a preferred player gets no customer support except if they have trouble launching the game..

Message 10 of 18 (2,868 Views)