black screen startup loading icon!!

by Lowbacca356

Original Post

Accepted Solution

black screen startup loading icon!!

★★★★★ Novice

A friend just bought me the game as a gift yesterday and i downloaded it and tried to launch it and every time i press play it starts the game with a black screen, my mouse turns into a loading icon and then it closes and returns me to origin after about 3 seconds, i have tried to repair the game, re-install origin, update my graphics driver, and nothing has worked at all! i think the issue may be stemming from direct x but im not sure, other people have reported it as so but i just cant pin point the issue, i really dont want to re-install it since it took me 10 hours to install it in the first place, i really need help anyone!

Message 1 of 19 (4,454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: black screen startup loading icon!!

★★★ Novice

holy * man....I found something that worked for me and I don't quite understand it yet.  lol youre gonna think I am crazy, but go to your homescreen, right-click, display settings, and change your display res to 1600x900.........lol it worked for me and I finally launched.  I was able to switch BACK to 1080p once in game...makes no sense to me yet but let me know if it works.

View in thread

Message 13 of 19 (9,714 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you do a search on this?  There are multiple, existing posts on this topic?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 19 (4,383 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yes i know there are existing ones but most of them are from october during the beta, or no one responds to them any more, ive just now re-installed the game last night and it still wont load, i dont know what to do.

Message 3 of 19 (4,372 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

its like no-one ever recieved an answer, or the answers someone did find didnt post it for some reason and just stopped responding to them months ago. its like the forums are dead.

Message 4 of 19 (4,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this same problem, I actually uninstalled origin and BF2 and deleted all temp files and caches associated with either program.  Re-installed last night and same problem...I have been struggling with this for 2 days and nothing seems to be working.  I have a feeling its not the files but rather some thing in my computer settings not letting it start....I'm not sure I was able to run the beta with ease and I have checked all windows(10) and GPU updates...I am up to date.  I would like to comment that recently as I was booting up a different game (divinity 2 OS)  the game would boot in the wrong resolution and if I went into the settings to change it to 1080p, it would crash.  I was able to fix this by switching from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen.  could be an issue with a certain GPU file.  On the phone with Support right now, ill report back soon.

Message 5 of 19 (4,364 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! Im kinda happy that that it isint just me with this issue, could it possibly be a problem with direct x? right now i've created a settings ini file in documents and added the line GstRender.EnableDx12 0 to see if i am able to launch it with this setting, as i have never actually launched the game at all ive only hit the black screen with my mouse doing a loading icon, atm i have to leave but i will restart my pc with these settings and report back here to see if they change anything, or if someone else found a fix that will work.

Message 6 of 19 (4,361 Views)

★★★ Novice

Spent probably 30 mins on the phone with support and after attempting and failing to launch this game from a new admin profile they decided to do another uninstall and use CCleaner to clean cache and Temp files associated with the game (kinda like what I already did).   Anyways, this ultimately failed again so I am holding for another go at it with their support again.  I will say that they told me to change the name of of the Star Wars Battlefront II folder in the documents to (Battlefront II backup) no para.  This made the black window stay and the game didn't close immediately but after some time I assumed it was frozen.  May be worth a try...other than that this issue is still alive.

Message 7 of 19 (4,349 Views)

★★★ Novice
the file name to change is under the documents tab. not where the actual game file is saved. just to be clear
Message 8 of 19 (4,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Nope, i tried that and it still just closes after a couple of seconds, but please keep us updated on if you find the solution! i just got home and i intend to keep troubleshooting it to the best of my abilities

Message 9 of 19 (4,335 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have you gotten a solution for the problem besides the direct x 1/0 method?

Message 10 of 19 (4,301 Views)