big lag spikes for a month now

by TurtleSage54

Original Post

big lag spikes for a month now

★★★ Newbie

Been getting lag spikes for the last month while playing apex. it jumps from 50-60 ms to suddenly over 100 ms and i start rubber bending like crazy for a couple of seconds and it happens on every game and most of the time even not during a fight. Have tried switching data servers but it doesnt help nor is it my internet.

Message 1 of 8 (566 Views)

Re: big lag spikes for a month now

Community Manager

Hi @TurtleSage54

Let's try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help with the lag issues you've been having. 

When you've got the chance I'd recommend trying the basic and advanced connectivity steps from the EA Help website to see how that goes. If you're still running into lag spikes after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I will join this one since timing is matching. I too have higher ping than before this year (70-100ms)  and massive packet loss going on for the last month (0-50).

My issue for this year have been that game always starts with a higher ping and packet loss around 50-70. After a while it both of these numbers go down. Or then I need to play 1-3 games with high ping and packet loss and then it will fade away. This was the case before December 2021.

Now I have higher ping than before (~40ms-->~100ms) and packet loss is constantly over 0 (10-50). Pretty interesting to play when all players have passive warp ability.

Gear:

MSI Z370 A pro (latest bios flashed in and latest network drivers installed)

i5-9600K

RTX 3600Ti

Network:

300/300 fiber optic (BLC)

Message 3 of 8 (478 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

same here.

i got spike lags since the start of previous season. i did all tests they asked me to do. no problem by me. its company's servers that have the issue.

game is just unplayable and they don't care

Message 4 of 8 (475 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Littumulkero

Thank you for the info!

Where are you located, and who is your internet provider, if you don't mind me asking? 

Kent.png
Message 5 of 8 (457 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent

Finland

Service provider --> Blue Lake Communications Oy
https://www.blc.fi/
Message 6 of 8 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi ones again @EA_Kent,

Received phone call from my ISP. They told me that there is a problem in a network (have been for last 2-3months). They are aware of this kind of packet loss problem and they are working on it to fix it. According to them it's not entirely on their hands so they told me not to hold my breath while waiting for repair.

I tried to play with 4G mobile phone connection and there was no packet loss ( I assume this really confirms that there is something wrong how fiber connection is routed compared to mobile).

Mobile losschoke.pngvs. fiber BLC losschoke.png

Kippis.

Message 7 of 8 (373 Views)

Community Manager

@Littumulkero 

Thank you for following up and letting me know! I appreciate the info. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed soon! 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (342 Views)