bf5 wont start

★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX580
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? CANT EVEN LAUNCH INTO THE GAME
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug BF5 wont even launch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? tell me how to fix it
What happens when the bug occurs? the game doesnt even launch. My cpu spins up like maybe its about to do something, minimzes origin, then just pops origin back up and thats it.
What should be happening instead? the game launches!

So I wanted to test something on an old system with gtx 580, and load up bf5. I have the most current driver available for this card, although it is old. It still is dx11 after all though. The game wont even launch. I was then curious if BF5 was trying to launch in dx12 and that was confusing it maybe? So I saw some write ups of people disabling it within the my documents, settings file. I go there, however the only thing available is SCREENSHOTS and no other files to edit. What am I missing?

Message 1 of 8 (954 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: bf5 wont start

★★★★ Novice
Ok so it was a simple fix , forgot about this thread. You just simply remove a dll from system 32 to stop the driver check and you're as good as gold. I'll have to search for the exact one since I have a new main system now. But look for that on overclock in the meantime.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (837 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Im using 2 960s and it wont run it shows a black screen then exits out
Message 2 of 8 (943 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Im wondering what would happen if I copied my profile files from my main system over to this one just to get something in there to modify. Most of the hardware is different though, and I dont want to get banned or something stupid, if it would be the case.
Message 3 of 8 (937 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok so I tried again, and actually got an error telling me to update drivers. Shame of it is, nvidia has no more current drivers than my version. Is there a way to trick it? Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 8 (903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem... I just did the new April update..... Really annoying. I reinstalled Origin and BFV, didnt help..

Message 5 of 8 (854 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ok so it was a simple fix , forgot about this thread. You just simply remove a dll from system 32 to stop the driver check and you're as good as gold. I'll have to search for the exact one since I have a new main system now. But look for that on overclock in the meantime.
Message 6 of 8 (838 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RightWngXtremist Remove Intel Graphic UHD Driver updates for you Intel Graphics Card of 22/Sept/2019 or completely uninstall this device so you get the Microsoft Drivers from 2006. Then BF5 starts up again.
Message 7 of 8 (674 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@whosnext1971 In my case the game does not start, it only remains on the black loading screen, but I have an RX570. What can be?
Message 8 of 8 (642 Views)