Re: bf5 not utilizing all ram

by SnakeEyesPC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bf5 not utilizing all ram

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

today i got my new 16gb memory i bought from amazon. i put them in and start my pc everything look fine and work fine the pc info show 16gb bios show 16bg

the problem is in the game, bf5 use only 8gb and not exceed the 7.9 i tested multiple maps. 

i saw in youtube benchmarks and ask in open chat in the game they all use 11gb ram.

then i open the browser + bf5 + league of legends the ram got to 13gb i don't think it's my pc that limit the ram usage.

there is any reason the BF5 keep using only 8gb ? 

pc spec 

intel 8700

nvidia1660 

asus  PRIME B360M-A 

2x8gb ram

i play on ultra setting. 

sorry for my bad English i super tired today. 

Message 1 of 2 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Hi @jsme5 

If,while playing,you don't get any issues with the game (like frame drops,stuttering,lags) there is nothing to worry about.It's not a rule that all pc's have to use 11gb of ram when bfv is running.The ram usage depends on many things,the game's video settings,the background programs running on your pc etc.As far as it run smoothly you 're good!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (316 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Hi @jsme5 

If,while playing,you don't get any issues with the game (like frame drops,stuttering,lags) there is nothing to worry about.It's not a rule that all pc's have to use 11gb of ram when bfv is running.The ram usage depends on many things,the game's video settings,the background programs running on your pc etc.As far as it run smoothly you 're good!

Message 2 of 2 (317 Views)