battlefield v wont even start up

by soad399

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield v wont even start up

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded battlefield V and the game will not launch.. i open the game from origin, origin minimizes and then nothing happens??? 

Message 1 of 3 (560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield v wont even start up

★ Guide

Hey @soad399, I'm sorry you've been through this. In short, let's repeat our simple adjustments, shall we?

- remove %appdata/origin% and %programdata/origin/% 

- run Origin as Admin

- repair the game within Origin 

- clear Origin cache (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/)

- reinstall Origin/BFV 

- You can delete the settings files from my documents if you wish. "Documents\Battlefield V\settings" or "Documents\Battlefield V\" (make sure the cloud save is turned on, Or the progression of a single game can be erased)

- Clean install of the video card driver (Of course, let's try it when we're ready to play.)

I'll be waiting for your answer. (Thanks @Mythicalix)

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (522 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi there.

Please make sure your Origin is up to date. If not, update it. If this does not help, try re-installing Origin after uninstalling it. If you want to keep your game, you can make a backup copy of BF5 game folder to another drive and then put it back again.

Could help as well: Make sure you are running latest graphics driver and windows version update. DirectX should be installed and up to date. Restart your PC. Disable your antivirus temporary. 

Message 2 of 3 (532 Views)

★ Guide

Hey @soad399, I'm sorry you've been through this. In short, let's repeat our simple adjustments, shall we?

- remove %appdata/origin% and %programdata/origin/% 

- run Origin as Admin

- repair the game within Origin 

- clear Origin cache (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/)

- reinstall Origin/BFV 

- You can delete the settings files from my documents if you wish. "Documents\Battlefield V\settings" or "Documents\Battlefield V\" (make sure the cloud save is turned on, Or the progression of a single game can be erased)

- Clean install of the video card driver (Of course, let's try it when we're ready to play.)

I'll be waiting for your answer. (Thanks @Mythicalix)

Message 3 of 3 (523 Views)