Re: battlefield 2042 crashes without error

by Dezzerrr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 2042 crashes without error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, Battlefield 2042 crashes without error after 5 minutes of gameplay. I have a good computer (i5 12400f and RTX 3070), so the problem is not with it. I have already tried reinstalling the drivers, but it didn't help. Has anyone else encountered this problem and been able to solve it?

UPD Guys, I found a fix. You need to go into BIOS and set the XMP profile with a frequency slightly lower than it was before. Initially, I had it set to 4000 MHz and I changed it to 3733 MHz. After that, there were no more crashes. Give it a try, it should help.

Message 1 of 17 (10,720 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Guys, I found a fix. You need to go into BIOS and set the XMP profile with a frequency slightly lower than it was before. Initially, I had it set to 4000 MHz and I changed it to 3733 MHz. After that, there were no more crashes. Give it a try, it should help.

View in thread

Message 10 of 17 (10,505 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I've been fighting this problem for two days now.

After the update to the ugly fourth season, the game DOES NOT LAUNCH AT ALL.

Easy anti-cheat turns on, then turns off after 5-10 seconds, and EA APP opens again. No mistakes. Nothing. Just Silence. Here's what I did.

I reinstalled the game 2 times (on different SSDs).

Reinstalled Easy Antichit.

Reinstalled C++ components from version 2008 to the latest.

Reinstalled ALL drivers in the operating system (processor, motherboard, video / audio drivers, network card, etc.)

REMOVED AND INSTALLED AGAIN - ALL UPDATES for Windows 11.

REMOVED AND INSTALLED AGAIN - ALL WINDOWS COMPONENTS!

Cleaned Windows Registry to a shine, as if ea app and games from EA had never been on the computer.

Deleted all files and folders related to EA APP and BATTLEFIELD.

I downloaded the Windows 11 image from the Microsoft website and again installed the system "on top" of the system that I had.

NOTHING HELPED AFTER UPDATE.

Why should I, having paid OVER $100 pre-order for a game, have to constantly look for solutions to run your game, while everyone else is playing normally.

Message 2 of 17 (10,703 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm still getting black screen of death issues, since S3.

Motherboard error CPU leds light up, and then GPU leds. Everything else like rbg keeps working. Makes me wanna discount psu issues.

I had to clear cmos at some point, because pc didint wanna turn on after anther random crash and hard reset.

Message 3 of 17 (10,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@vydenis  if ya see a led lit up, if it is cmos / gpu, it start to blink (or change color at some motherboard) a certain code.
Short and long blinks x times. <-- like a SOS code so to speak !!!!
Check youre manual what those errors ya got when those leds blinks from/at motherboard.

Cheers

Message 4 of 17 (10,669 Views)

@Dezzerrr On the first day of Update 4.0 I had no problems, but today it's impossible to play, my solution was to remove the game from the PC and come back another time, who knows until they solve the crashes lol
Message 5 of 17 (10,647 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same.

This was happening back in S2? Then went away, then came back, then went away, and now it's back with this update.

Message 6 of 17 (10,630 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago. At first, everything was fine, the game didn't crash and I enjoyed playing it. But for some reason, after the update, the game started crashing and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 7 of 17 (10,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BORMOTOS had the same issue, turing off NVIDIA overlay fixed it, so far anyways, i also have all otger overlays off
Message 8 of 17 (10,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same, I also encountered this problem, the game cannot be played normally since the update.

Message 9 of 17 (10,530 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys, I found a fix. You need to go into BIOS and set the XMP profile with a frequency slightly lower than it was before. Initially, I had it set to 4000 MHz and I changed it to 3733 MHz. After that, there were no more crashes. Give it a try, it should help.

Message 10 of 17 (10,506 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help