battlefield 1 not launching pc

by Sirens-charms

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 1 not launching pc

★★★★ Novice

I am unable to launch Battlefield 1 at all through Origin or on its own, both on administrator rights.
Once I launch Battlefield, no error windows appear and nothing happens the game just closes. 
It is a fresh install of Battlefield, as is Windows, as I had driver issues which are now resolved (I assume).
I haven't got as far as having a game window appear. 

I have attached DXDIAG for your visual pleasure

Message 1 of 20 (13,183 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield 1 not launching pc

Hero (Retired)

Hi again,

Have you tried to do a full reinstall?

Also.

Battlefield 1 systems specs:

MINIMUM SPECS

• Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
  • Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
  • DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Hard-drive space: 50GB

RECOMMENDED SPECS

• Processor (AMD): AMD FX 8350 Wraith
  • Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 480 4GB
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB
  • DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Available Disk Space: 50GB

- Timmie.

View in thread

Message 17 of 20 (15,383 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi there,

There is no need to create multiple threads about the same issue. (I Am referring to the other two you posted.)

Please include every detail here instead.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/battlefield-1-not-launching-pc/m-p/6819515#M30251

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/battlefield-1-not-launching-pc/m-p/6819516#M30252

Kind regards,

Timmie.

Message 2 of 20 (13,173 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes I have only just noticed I must have pressed submit multiple times I apologise
Message 3 of 20 (13,171 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi again,

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed, needed to run the game.

- Timmie

Message 4 of 20 (13,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice
All drivers are freshly updated as it's a fresh install of windows so as soon as windows was able to run I updated all relevant drivers. Prior to the fresh download of windows, the game didn't run then either and the system was fully up to date at that time. Yet I still had this same issue
Message 5 of 20 (13,154 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, tried everything I could find online but still haven't fixed it. I just want to play the new free DLC...

Message 6 of 20 (13,137 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've tried moving the game to a SSD and verifying game files from the new drive, doesnt work. Changed all relevant files (BF1,BF1Trial, ActivisionUI) to be permanent launches with Administrator rights and nothing happened. Cleared Origin Cache method, Resintalled Origin for the 4th time, Running with Nvidia and is fully updated. Absolutely nothing is working and its infuriating. Forked out money for the deluxe edition and for absolutely no benefit at all.
Message 7 of 20 (13,130 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi there,

Try following:

Does it work?

Steps:

1. Navigate to your BF1 or Titanfall 2 installation directory.

2. Right-click on BF1.exe, left-click on "Properties". In the Properties Window under the compatibility tab, check the box for "run this program as an administrator" and also select "run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7".

3. Inside the BF1 install directory open the directory called "Core", right-click on the "ActivationUI.exe" file, left-click "Properties", left-click on the "Compatibility" tab and repeat what you did in Step 2. above, make it run as administrator and also make it run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or 8, either one works.

4. If you have ESET Smart Security 9, or another Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware program, make sure to add "Program Exceptions" for the game executable files (such as "BF1.exe", "BF1Trial.exe") and also add program exceptions and firewall exclusions for "ActivationUI.exe" inside the "Core" directory, which is inside every Origin game's main installation directory.

5. Forward ports on your router and also in any anti-virus software and firewalls, if you have Windows Firewall and Defender, add exceptions and firewall exclusions/permissions in both of those and any other Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware software, in addition to any hardware firewalls like your router and or network devices.

6. Next, close Origin completely, go into your game(s) directory, go inside the "Core" folder, right click on "ActivationUI.exe" and left-click on "Run this Program as an Administrator", and then just double-left-click on "ActivationUI.exe" and run it. Nothing should happen after you run "ActivationUI.exe", nothing visible, you might get a command prompt/terminal window that pops up briefly, or not, either way make sure you run this executable before the next step. If you Anti-Virus or Firewall programs pop-up a window asking for permission for "ActivationUI.exe" make sure to grant permission to the executable!

7. Start up Origin

8. Make sure Origin is in "Online Mode", make sure your internet connection is up and working.

9. Run the game or games you are having trouble with launching.

10. The game should now activate properly and run, your Anti-Virus software, such as ESET, BitDefender, etc... might now display a pop-up window after trying to run the game this time, if it does, make sure to click "allow permanently", "allow", "give permission" or whatever similar button/option it may present you with after trying to run the game.

11. The game should now start/launch successfully after properly activating and you should be able to play.

12. If your game still didn't start/launch after these steps, make sure to fully shutdown and restart your PC, when it reboots, try running the "ActivationUI.exe" as an administrator again, and then open Origin and try running the game again after your reboot, this time your game should launch successfully.

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-1-won-t-start-doesnt-give-error/td-p/5650681/...

- Timmie

Message 8 of 20 (13,120 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is something I have attempted in the past and it did not work, even after reboot. And I have just tried again with the off chance that it might work after fresh windows install and still no progress. Origin client blinks for 10 seconds as if it is loading the game, no popup window appears, then client re loads into the game library screen

Message 9 of 20 (13,115 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I got lucky, but I got it to work. Uninstalling and installing origin was about the only thing I hadn't tried. Uninstalled, installed and then rebooted my pc. I see you've already tried it though. Good luck.

Message 10 of 20 (13,114 Views)