Re: battlefield 1, Matchmaking failed

by midairforce

Original Post

battlefield 1, Matchmaking failed

★★★★ Novice

Alright, I have spend countless hour trying to figure out why the heck i can't join any servers at all. Once I click find match immediately I get the a error message "matchmaking failed,  failed to join server an unknown error occurred". I have tried a * ton of things, from deleting all my cache, to clean booting, to using all sorts of programs. I've followed EA's connection troubleshooting and non of that worked. This game use to work on this computer. Please if anyone has any ideas, I really want to actually play the game

Message 1 of 14 (5,106 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @midairforce,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

When you try to join Servers, are you using Quickmatch, or Server Browser?

Also, can you please do a UOTrace, and attach to this Thread?

You can find the steps here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Thanks Standard smile 

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here you go! Both quick match and server browser does not work

[Edited by EA_Mai: removing UOTrace for privacy reasons]

Message 3 of 14 (5,066 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @midairforce,

Could you please try opening the suggested Ports, and unplugging all your network equipment for a few minutes and plugging it back in?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you Standard smile 

★★★★ Novice

So i'm not to familiar with ports and the website says for PC that there's a number of ways to do it. So I really didn't know what i was doing, I put those ports in my firewall but that didn't seem to do anything

Message 5 of 14 (5,011 Views)

Community Manager

@midairforce If you want more info on port forwarding www.portforward.com can offer some very useful guides. 

Back to your issue, I notice you mention "this computer" earlier. Do you have any other computers on the network, and if so do they connect properly? 

Do you have any issues with other online games?

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 14 (4,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_David

This is the only computer that is experiencing problems, I have other computer and they worked just fine. Battlefield 1 matchmaking on my other computers are just fine. But for some reason on my main computer it refuses to connect, even in custom matches. Now i did use the same account to download battlefield 1 on those computers, if that might of screwed something up. I'll still try to port forward through my router.

Thanks for the help

Message 7 of 14 (4,973 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Port forwarding did not work, still have having the same problem

Message 8 of 14 (4,934 Views)

★★★★ Novice

K, I'm out of ideas, I've been troubleshooting the * out of this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 9 of 14 (4,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, sorry for not getting back sooner.

Ok, so at least we've narrowed it down to the system itself. Multiple installs generally aren't an issue, so that shouldn't be a factor.

There's 2 things I'd like to try separately.

One is to Clean Boot again and temporarily disable your anti-virus software, and see if that changes anything. 

Another would be to try creating a new Windows user profile and see if the issue persists on that one: https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-resource/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile-windows-10.html#part2

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 14 (4,870 Views)