bad fps or normal fps?

by eipSWIM

Original Post

bad fps or normal fps?

★★ Novice

hi everyone, i really need to know if these fps that i am getting are normal for a pc like mine, i have a ryzen 7 2700x, a 2070 8gb, 16gb of ram, my fps are most of the time 144, in certain zones around 130/125, but they drop to 110 or 100 a lot, and in the areas i marked in red i sometimes even get to 90, then as soon as i leave the area they "stabilize", or sometimes when i look in a specific way of the map my fps drop for example from 144 to 105, i know this game is optimized like trash etc, but *, my pc is not bad and these fps drops are very costant, thank you for your time. 

Message 1 of 2 (154 Views)

Re: bad fps or normal fps?

★★★★ Pro

Hey @eipSWIM 

So it depends a lot on what video and graphics settings you use. In the "unoptimized" state with medium / high settings, depending on the resolution, there are often large FPS fluctuations even with stronger hardware. If you are on Twitch a lot, you will have noticed that most of them play with low settings at full hd with high end hardware in order to experience a constant and smooth gaming experience, especially those who take the game more seriously and want to climb higher in rank.

So to put your mind at ease, I don't think you have a fundamental problem with your hardware, FPS fluctuations are basically normal in Apex. Like many, I also hope that performance in Apex will be further optimized technically, especially with regard to the servers.

Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)