Re: apex: terrible lag, high ping, packets lost %, fix soon??? very unplayable!

by Mad_Professor86

Original Post

apex: terrible lag, high ping, packets lost %, fix soon??? very unplayable!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

everyone could say "its your internet service provider the one giving you issues not apex servers" well in this case i dont think so really, as ive read a few post in this section stating the same situation i am right now.

its very unstable it happens all the time, when you are playing you keep getting the "red signal icon" that means you are lagging, and it makes you teleport through the game getting spikes and what not.

this is such a tedious situation funny thing is its not only affecting apex alone, also star wars battlefront 2 but at least over there its not that "terrible" doesnt mean its not a problem though.

i used to have nicer ping and without a doubt no packets lost...

Message 1 of 8 (2,365 Views)

Re: apex: terrible lag, high ping, packets lost %, fix soon???

★★★★★ Apprentice

i took another one and it got even worse...

at this point this game its just unplayable :/

Message 2 of 8 (2,356 Views)

Champion
@brownieland Could you please let me know if you have your drivers and windows 10 up-to-date and if you've tried the following:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (2,289 Views)

★ Novice

I was also suffering from this packet loss but it was fixed for me when i started switching servers but from today it got worse, not even single server i was getting good ping i wasted like hours in just switching server and try playing in hope that it fixed my problem before i tried so much thing but after that i thought i should try wtfast i heard about it but never used it because never had this problem before so go to there website but it was down so i searched for alternetive and i found exitlag i tried 3 day free trail and used it and my lag was fixed i donno what this thing did but it fixed my packet loss i am now getting normal ping no packet loss, you can try whichever software you want like wtfast, exitlag or any alternative you found and like but most important check if they support apex legends and one more thing this just try using soft with trail so you can check its working for you or not and if you guys find any free one that works or way to to do this without software if possible then pls tell me to.

Message 4 of 8 (2,259 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EzyHawk everything is up to date as far i know, i even clicked on windows update and says everything is fine.
Message 5 of 8 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@1Plus2is12 i would rather solve this problem without a third party program Frown , in all honesty this is EA related not on our end, just see how many people are complaining about it on the forums.
Message 6 of 8 (2,230 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same * happens to me all the time, i uninstalled the game and redownloaded it from origin and steam. It still doesn't work. idk what to do or think

Message 7 of 8 (1,093 Views)

★ Guide

Same here, watching my teammates and enemies skip and warp around sucked last night. I was on South Carolina GCE 1 server but I kept getting DC'd or not connecting to match with my party or not making it back to the lobby being stuck at connecting to lobby. The members of the party were also experiencing this and they were connected to st. louis. The ping was all over the place some matches it would be 50 other matches would be up at 100. After getting stuck at connecting to lobby, I alt-f4 and switch to dallas data center then started getting high 150 ping and 42 packet loss. This is from the in-game performance monitor turned on in options. Mean while in the background I'm pinging reddit.com, google.com and facebook.com getting average 20 ping with no packet loss. Yeah they might be CDN but proves that my ISP is not the issue and It's obviously not my connection.

They need to figure this out, or I'm gone.

Message 8 of 8 (1,075 Views)