[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

alll phenom cpus dont have sse3 sysetm instruction

Message 61 of 73 (2,658 Views)

Re: apex legends r5apex.exe the exception illegal instruction error

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

They have SSE3.
SSE3 is very old, much older than AMD Phenom II processors. In fact it's been in CPUs since Pentium 4 from 2004.

That's why I don't get the update the Community Manager delivered talking about SSE3.

It's a fact that Phenom II or Core 2 and lower/older just simply don't work with this game and it must be something else than instruction sets. Everyone talks about SSE4.1 and whatnot, but SSE4.1 is supported by Core 2 Quad 9000 processors that many people here also use (me included. Q9450 OC@3.5GHz) but they can't get into the game too.
Let me tell you: It's not the instruction set. It is something else preventing us from playing this game.

This game only works from the first Core i generation or from AMD FX or higher. This btw has nothing to do with the system requirements they've put for this game. The system requirements NEVER are about how old or new the hardware is, just a guideline for performance and nothing else. Which is why directing people to the system requirements is just insulting. It's not the real reason why the game doesn't work with the older CPUs. The real reason is something only the developers do know but they don't tell us a thing, because they assume that NOBODY gets it. And I can understand them because 95+% of the people complaining here don't have a freaking clue about anything and just copy stuff like "Yeah must be SSE4.1, yeah must be because of the requirements, blahblah" You have NO IDEA what the real reason is. Me neither. I don't code for this game.

BTW: Community Managers usually DON'T KNOW ANYTHING as well. They just tell what the developers say, if they say anything at all. I mean just seeing them talk about SSE3 alone makes me think they don't know any better. No offense, but the EA support or the community managers can't help you there at all.

Final words: The way this problem is handled tells me, that they'll never fix this issue at all. Because they simply don't care. Else there would have been a more definite word from the developers of the game already, clearly stating what they'll do about the Phenom II and Core 2 support. And seeing that people give it up more and more just helps the developers to further ignore this issue.
I think I'll upgrade my PC sometime, even though I have no issues with the games I'm playing. If not for the game(s) then at least for "quality of life", because a faster more modern computer is never a bad thing to have...

Message 62 of 73 (2,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how you fix illegal instruction?

Message 63 of 73 (2,607 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So after the update today it newly says "CPU does not have POPCNT" and POPCNT is according to wikipedia a part of the SSE4 instructions. Your minimal requirements say we need SSE3 processors to run this game. Either edit your requirements or patch the game, because now you sound just silly.

Message 64 of 73 (2,501 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Intel Xeon X3330
Cores 4
Threads 4
Name Intel Xeon X3330
Code Name Yorkfield
Package Socket 775 LGA
Technology 45nm
Specification Intel Xeon CPU X3330 @ 2.66GHz
Family 6
Extended Family 6
Model 7
Extended Model 17
Stepping A
Revision R0
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, Intel 64, NX, VMX
Virtualization Supported, Enabled
Hyperthreading Not supported
Fan Speed 2335 RPM
Bus Speed 333.3 MHz
Rated Bus Speed 1333.3 MHz
Stock Core Speed 2666 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 333 MHz

Zzzz

Message 65 of 73 (2,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No this does not work at all. I have the all the latest updates from windows 7 but the game still crashes are y'all actually going to do something about this issue or just keep complaining about Windows updates and leading everyone in this thread along?

Message 66 of 73 (2,392 Views)

★ Novice

yes this is in fact an error that is linked directly to the game itself, note this is a new game still in Beta and so by reporting this error you are in fact helping EA solve the issue.

Please give it a week or month until EA can sort out this issue and you will all be able to play.

This is what the message looks like

rc gliders

Message 67 of 73 (2,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@lightningcar1999 wrote:

if u found a solution replay this pls

Message 68 of 73 (1,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I found a solution that works for me, just update windows like this page says:

https://gamingph.com/2019/03/how-to-fix-r5apex-exe-error-in-apex-legends/

Good luck.
Message 69 of 73 (1,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

intel probee una solucion proba con emulador sde external de intel mas no puedo decir hay un tutoreal en ingles buscalo 

mas no puedo informar nba2k19

Message 70 of 73 (1,401 Views)