by Twitch_WertKlaw

Original Post

Re: apex legends r5apex.exe the exception illegal instruction error

★★★★★ Novice

Can you all please post your CPU specs

Message 21 of 73 (12,761 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The steps below are futile as this is a bug related to the software running on the CPU and not the actual setup. (Illegal Instruction errors are CPU dependent but are also cause by software errors, in other words the problem is not with YOUR hardware but the instruction set in which your hardware is being asked to compile)

The devs have overlooked something and that is why you/we are here and so the so called "fixes" below are futile.

The game as usual has not been tested as it should have been tested before release so anyone who downloads it today is actually a BETA tester for free, there is no such thing as "Free" btw. So don't bother with setup advice as it's not what's throwing this error and if your system is running fine then DO NOT update or change anything to get this game to run. This is a DEV side error and they know it.

Let me recap: This is not a driver error or a windows error, it is a bug in the game code that runs on your PC. That's why I asked you to post your CPU type!!!

The below has nothing to do with the BUG:

Repair game:
1. Right click on the game.
2. Click on Repair game.
3. Once the game is repaired, restart the PC, so that the changes which took place can be saved and then try launching the game.

If the issue still persists, then I would ask you to try running the game as admininstrator.
1. Right click on your game's desktop shortcut.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under Privilege Level where it says Run this Program as an administrator.
4. Click Apply and OK and. try to launch the game

If the issue still persists, then try adding the game to exceptions list and then try to launch the game:
1. Find Origin.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin. If you installed Origin in another folder on your computer, look there instead.
---- Add OriginClientService.exe, also found in this folder, to your exceptions, too.
2. To add a specific game as an exception, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\"Game Name".
---- Find the game’s .exe file, which is usually either the game's full title or an abbreviated version.

D) If the issue still persists, then clear the cache of Origin files and follow the below provided steps: .
Windows players:

1. First, make sure you can view hidden files and folders:
>> Open the Start menu
>> Type "view hidden files and folders" into the search bar.
>> Press Enter to open the View tab of your Folder Options.
>> Open the Hidden Files and folders menu within the Files and Folders menu.
>> Click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
>> Click Apply, then OK to exit the menu.
2. If open, close Origin by clicking Origin in the menu bar and selecting Exit.
3. Click the Start button, then Computer, then double-click (CStandard smile to open the C:\ drive
4. Open the ProgramData folder, then the Origin folder, and delete all the files and folders except for LocalContent.
>> Windows XP players can find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\
5. Go back to C:\:
>> Then open the Users folder,
>> Then the folder with your computer's username,
>> Then AppData,
>> Then Roaming,
>> Then Origin, and delete all the files and folders inside.
6. Go back to the AppData folder:
>> Then open the Local folder,
>> Then Origin, and delete all the files and folders inside.

Once done, then Clean Boot the PC and then log in back to the Origin client and check if you're able to launch the game.

To Clean Boot the PC, I would ask you to follow the below provided steps:

1. Beside your start button, you'll see a magnifying glass icon. Click on it to open search.
2. Type msconfig in the search box, and press enter to bring up the System Configuration window.
3. Click on the Services tab.
4. On the window that opens, check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button to the right.
5. Click on the Start Up tab, then on Open Task Manager.
6. Let the Task Manager list populate (this can take a few seconds), then right-click and choose Disable on each of the start up programs listed.
7. Close the Task Manager window to return to the System Configuration window.
8. Click OK to save your changes, then restart your computer.

A note and Hello to the DEVS

int main()
{
cout << "Hello Devs, Are you honestly suggesting that the above will Solve
          compile issues?";
          return 0;
}

Output: Hello Devs, Are you honestly suggesting that the above will Solve
              compile issues?

Would be glad to see your input on this thread!

Cheers

Pete

Message 22 of 73 (12,748 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (cannot run the game)

My daughters CPU: AMD FX 4350 (can run the game)

Message 23 of 73 (12,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Exact same processor (Phenom II 1100T 6 core) with a Geforce 1050TI that won't run the game. 

Message 24 of 73 (12,676 Views)

Message 25 of 73 (12,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

whats minimum specs

Message 26 of 73 (12,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same my CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (cannot run the game)

Message 27 of 73 (12,409 Views)

★★ Apprentice
my CPU is AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1075T still can't run the game
Message 28 of 73 (12,313 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Fixed for me after installing the updates(KB3173424 And KB3172614) For Win 8.1 users go there >> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Windows-8-r5apex-exe-Application-Error/td-p/7419238/page/...

Download and install (KB3173424 And KB3172614)

Message 29 of 73 (12,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bro youre really trying to run the game on a GT 640 2gb???? Bro dont even try that graphics card is way to underpowered. You need to upgrade if you want to play the game at a decent framerate. Just some advice.

Message 30 of 73 (12,055 Views)