apex legends kills my internet

by spotifyskyro

Original Post

apex legends kills my internet

★★★★★ Novice

when ever i play apex legends it will crash my internet on my pc i never had any issue like that before people say they have the problem as well on reddit can you guys fix this please 

Message 1 of 75 (17,354 Views)

Re: apex legends kills my internet

Community Manager

Hey @spotifyskyro

The internet connection on your PC is dropping entirely? Have you noticed if your actual router/modem is still up and running when this happens? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 75 (17,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@spotifyskyro It happns to me as well, cant seem to find any problem with the modem but since that las patch nothing works right
Message 3 of 75 (17,258 Views)

Community Manager

@KrakkenHouseN 

Gotcha. When you have the chance can we try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all? 

A good place to start would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting over at the EA Help website. If you're still having trouble after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how it goes when you've got a chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 75 (17,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm going to piggy back off this post as it seems to be the most recent. I'll be happy to create my own topic if no one reads this. 

This issue happens to me more frequently than I would like. I am playing apex with my friends and midway through the game for some reason it disconnects on me.

I get the code:wheel error or code:leaf error which typically means there's some issue with the server. I'll change servers but the issue persists (usually on Iowa, Virginia1 and 2 or st Louis)

When this happens my internet dies completely sometimes my wife's phone internet died as well as mine.  I look at my router and it says my internet is down but my modem says it's fine. 

I've tried someone's fix which is to change some triggering ports on my router and it still did not help. 

I am playing on PS4 hard wired directly to my router. It's a pro model but I don't know if that makes a difference. 

I've checked my routers system logs but I don't see any DOCSIS drops from my provider so I am suspecting it's either my router or the EA servers. This is the only game that kills my internet.

I would definitely be interested to hear any potential solutions that I can try on my end or if EA will look into the servers and identify whatever it is that keeps causing me to get disconnected and lose my internet. 

Message 5 of 75 (16,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kent any suggestions?

Message 6 of 75 (16,673 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Phyreangel28

From what you're describing it sounds like the router itself is dropping connection. Have you checked to see if there might be any firmware updates for your particular make/model? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 75 (16,632 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same problem on PS4 Pro. Once I'm in a game, usually within 5 minutes of dropping, I'll suddenly lag out of the game. Returning to the PS4 home menu shows that the wifi is no longer connected. By going to network settings > test internet connection, I'm able to reestablish wifi and jump back into the game, but this usually takes at least a minute. Specifically, the wifi ONLY drops in an actual match, not in the lobby or at any other times. It also only drops once per match, and after I fix it, it doesn't occur for the rest of the game.

I've tried the usual steps of restarting the game, PS4, and router. PS4 is configured to only use 2.4GHz band for stability. No other devices on my network are dropping wifi, eg my wife will be playing Apex on PC at the same time without the issue. It seems like somehow the game is briefly turning off the wifi card in the PS4 itself...

Message 8 of 75 (16,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Responding - of having the same issue - PC. Internet connection drops in apex legends, I am wired to the router. Wifi still works on my phone and other users using the same internet. Just made the connection this afternoon as roommates were having a party for new years and they didn't lose connection. Been happening for about 3 weeks now - maybe once or twice a session - most recent connection it dropped multiple times every game.

I have Mediacom 1gb down 50 up. Using either St. Louis or one of the Iowa servers.

Message 9 of 75 (16,353 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @markvikingman

When you've got a chance would you be able to share a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 75 (16,284 Views)