apex legends keeps running after close

by silverspike230

Original Post

apex legends keeps running after close

★ Apprentice

Hi,

After playing Apex Legends, i exit the game but it shows that its still running, but in the task manager there is no task for apex legends running. however the system process is using a lot of power for some reason. I have to restart the PC to play again.

Please help.

Message 1 of 47 (6,678 Views)

Re: apex legends keeps running after close

Community Manager

Hi @silverspike230

Are you launching Apex Legends through Origin, or do you use Steam? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 47 (6,622 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Hi,

i tried with both, same issue.
Message 3 of 47 (6,611 Views)

★★★ Novice

i'm getting the exact same issue i've tried both clients and same issue occurs caused a major overheat as i went onto another game and it was trying to run both at once i've searched task manager and processes and there isn't one running for apex or EAC but the computer thinks they are still running 

Message 4 of 47 (6,569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried in both and got the same error. Even format my pc and still happening. The issue comes from the game, not cpu

Message 5 of 47 (6,548 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know i tried everything to check if its a driver issue or not. no problems found. its only started happening after the new patch.

Message 6 of 47 (6,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

Now I'm getting a code 30005 from the anti cheat repeatedly. Not able to play at all.

Message 7 of 47 (6,485 Views)

★ Apprentice

I reinstalled windows and apex and still not able to play.

Message 8 of 47 (6,484 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

I am curious if this is possibly an issue with Easy Anti-Cheat rather than the game itself. If you haven't already can you try repairing or reinstalling EAC to see if that makes any difference at all? 

For more information on how to repair or reinstall it check out the EAC website. Let me know if you're still seeing the same issues happening after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 47 (6,442 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have completly removed the game and all files and formatted my system, the problem persists

Message 10 of 47 (6,439 Views)