Re: apex legends freeze and crash

by MauiMangkeh

Original Post

★ Pro
Your cpu only has 4 cores.. I think the advice was more for users with amd cpu.. there's some good advice above.. disabling overlay/other programs running as admin, using a fps_max launch command etc.. good luck
Message 11 of 23 (3,675 Views)

★★★ Novice

wait for them to patch it, last patch reduced it significantly, I used to crash every game or every 2 games now it happens maybe 5 times a day so its gotten much better, also I've tried every possible solution and it didn't work

Message 12 of 23 (3,674 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello @NoobsHunter7,

If you have tried the other options, you could try going to your start menu. Type in "msconfig" and choose the page that says "boot." Click on advanced settings. You will see a box for number of cores being used. You can click on the box and ensure all 4 cores are being used. My processor has 6 cores, but more cores doesn't always mean better performance. If all else fails try adjusting the number of cores from that menu and see if it does you any luck. If not let me know and I'll continue throwing some ideas your way.

Thanks

Message 13 of 23 (3,603 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey i used to have this crash problems too and i tried pretty much everything they wrote down here, wich helped me for few hours or a day and then started to crash again..

the only thing that realy gave me a day plus without any crashes is going with setting back to default and not touching anything there, but then after a whole day of playing without problem its started to happend again, i looked AGAIN trough the forum for solution and i found someone who said that he limit his Watt intake of the GPU to 1000 Mv and that helped him, so i gave it a shot

and since then my game did not crash for like 3 days except once Wich maybe from other reasons but game is smooth and not crashing since then(for now)

i would offer you to try it too...

i got AMD r9 290 GPU and used the AMD readon setting software im pretty sure you got this too on Nividia panel if you got nividia card( the guy i saw it helped him had nvidia so...)
i also got origin ingame overlay off with that, and set my max fps to the HZ of my monitor(75HZ) but i guess it changing from PC to PC. (i have no idea if its contribute to the no crashes fix since it didn't before, so my guess its not and its cus of the limit of the WAT on the GPU)

so give it a try if you want maybe it'll help hopefully

Message 14 of 23 (3,595 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem

Tried everything but this worked !

I did clean uninstall of AMD drivers using AMD Cleanup Utility and Installed the latest version.

I haven't changed anything except fan and temperature in Wattman and Game isn't crashing anymore. 

You can also change some Video settings. Borderless window and vsync to dynamic

Hope it works for you too! Standard smile

Message 15 of 23 (3,400 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBwgv8yDTI&feature=youtu.be

Been happening to me for 3 weeks dawg, * *.

Message 16 of 23 (3,356 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
limitting my GPU watt intake to 1000 mv definitely helped. It was 1150 mv, not sure if anything else in between will work but since this works i'm keeping it for now! I'm about to start my third day after changing it, so far no more crash past 2 days so we'll see today. I'm on RX 580 8gb.
Message 17 of 23 (3,209 Views)

★★★ Novice

how can i change gpu mv ?

Message 18 of 23 (3,046 Views)

★★★ Novice
I found The solution
my GPU clock was 1280 mhz
i change it to 1134 mhz
i played 8 hours with no problems
Message 19 of 23 (21,213 Views)