Re: apex legends crashing whole pc

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

apex legends crashing whole pc

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So let me get this straight apex legends has had a known issue of crashing and have not addressed it but ea employees are on here telling us to roll back our graphics? does anyone else have a problem with that? This game crashes my whole pc with rolled back graphics and this continues to go unpatched why? also i use to get 0x887a0005 dxgi_error_device_removed but now i just get my whole system froze

Also specs are

rtx 2080 ti

ryzen 7 2700x

ddr4 3000

b450 motherboard

so dont say its my pc

Message 1 of 15 (5,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

The error 0x887a0005 dxgi_error_device_removed that you were seeing @KJUICE00 is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA
  • Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Can you grab us a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (5,723 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

The error 0x887a0005 dxgi_error_device_removed that you were seeing @KJUICE00 is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA
  • Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Can you grab us a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (5,724 Views)

0x887A0005 crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Screenshot of crash error

I've gotten this error with the Nvidia 436.02 update. I have changed some settings after this update, so I don't know if it's the settings that causes this.

After getting hung errors both for Fortnite and Apex, I haven't gotten them anymore from Apex, but now I get this error instead.

I want to say what ever was triggering this error has triggered hung error too because my gpu isn't removed or driver currently updating. Willing to provide as much info as I can.

I did see someone else having a similar problem and had to install a 2018 driver? I don't know if I'm on the same boat, but I'm not installing something that can potentially * it up even more

Message 3 of 15 (5,721 Views)

Re: 0x887A0005 crash

Community Manager

Hey @ChichigamiPHLive generally the error message is a pretty good indication as to the cause of the issue. In this case, it is most likely an issue with your GPU and generally is related to a driver issue. Have you tried the suggestions I posted above to see if they help?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 15 (5,686 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Haven't crashed yet so far, but I can't tell if it just hasn't triggered yet since it's pretty random.

Message 5 of 15 (5,637 Views)

Community Manager

Hopefully, it won't happen again @ChichigamiPHLive.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 15 (5,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I know this isn't the thread for this, but when I bought stuff from the store, there was a huge amount of packets going in and out, more than a game. I know this since I have a USB wifi adapter which isn't the best. However, I rarely ever have this USB give out like that, I could stream on Twitch and be fine mostly, the only other time this thing occured was when I used Parsec to stream games over the internet. This also happened when opening packs. I don't know if this is intentional with server syncing and stuff, but I feel like there might be something going on that's not supposed to be like that.

Just had the same crash message, rip I guess it didn't work

Message 7 of 15 (5,560 Views)

Engine Error 0x887A0005

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After playing some apex and leaving the match, I saw this error message appear.

0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device. For help debugging the problem, call ID3D10Device::GetDeviceRemovedReason.

Was hoping if anyone knows a fix to this.

Message 8 of 15 (5,498 Views)

Engine Error 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED on a laptop

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070 OC 8GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Torlugic
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. randoms
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Countdown loading screen crashed at 0.9
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. loading
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.10.19 11:12 am ADT
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game locks up and I received an engine error window
What should be happening instead? loading into match
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure

I received this error trying to play a Ranked game, It was counting down to the match. I'm playing on a 2018/19 Alienware 17 R5 model.

Message 9 of 15 (5,349 Views)

0x887a0005 Error_Device_Removed

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number G161 0021
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Ornadow12
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Crypto
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Refinery
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running around looking for loot
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.11.2020 ~11:00 CDT
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes completely
What should be happening instead? The game should not be crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think it might be the newest driver but am unsure

While playing apex near the beginning of the round while looting i had gotten a crash that i have never gotten before.

Message 10 of 15 (5,208 Views)