Re: apex keeps crashing

by EA_Darko

Original Post

apex keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

Whenever i go on Apex, sooner or later (by sooner, i mean not even 10 seconds in, and by later, i mean when i start the hunt, like, the moment the ship comes in and the title of the hunt shows) a message pops up that says, and i quote exactly, 

"Engine Error

0x887A0006 -  DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed"

I tried restarting my computer, turn the video effects down, and "repairing" the application and nothing has worked. 

Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

Re: apex keeps crashing

Community Manager

Hey @SilentStorm54321, the error you are seeing is generally related to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (239 Views)