another hack !

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? In-Game Store & Crates
Summarize your bug jhnjkhnjkhnk
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Skynux3
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? bbbb
What happens when the bug occurs? jjjj
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

alot of hacks ingame ! screen

(remove name, no name and shame on the forum) - Atic 

Message 1 of 5 (1,005 Views)

Re: another hack ! Skynux3

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Boy, you're relentless. I totally believe you, I too used to find lots of hacks when playing bigger modes, but the amount of times you reported this here is funny. EA doesn't like hack reports in here.

In which server are you playing? Virginia?

I majorly play HvV in Virginia and gladly there aren't many hacks there. I usually find 1 hacker in 6 hours of playing this game on average

Message 2 of 5 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@RogueZeroRendar  ha escrito:

Boy, you're relentless. I totally believe you, I too used to find lots of hacks when playing bigger modes, but the amount of times you reported this here is funny. EA doesn't like hack reports in here.

In which server are you playing? Virginia?

I majorly play HvV in Virginia and gladly there aren't many hacks there. I usually find 1 hacker in 6 hours of playing this game on average

Yeah, Virginia server.. It doesn't matter if you are infantry class, hero or villain. He kills you with one shoot and obviously this is very frustrating. The whole community already knows him and he must have thousands of reports against him. 

I understand that you do not attend to these cases here but then what do we do with this situation if there is no solution through "the appropriate channels"? and this player is cheating since weeks or maybe months ago.

Message 3 of 5 (836 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Suikotsu07 

I try to help folks who have issues with BUGs and glitches because I've been doing research on these since the early days of this game. But it's all on my own, EA has nothing to do with this. Actually it's pretty obvious that EA doesn't really like what I do here, because as a customer I speak my mind about the mishandling of this game by both EA and DICE. My reason to research these issues is solely based on this game being about Star Wars, and I help fellow gamers because I want the Star Wars gaming community to thrive, despite the subpar product we got in this game.

About the hacking issue, EA seems to be too scared to go after them, I don't know why. They'll first penalize loyal customers for speaking out against cheaters if they fail to comply with the rules. Meanwhile, doing anything meaningful against the cheaters themselves may take days, weeks, months, years, or never. Their response time is embarrassing: If it's too obvious the player is hacking (like flying around, or ignoring cooldowns), then maybe after a couple matches he'll get banned. If it's not so blatant (damage hack and aimbot fall in this category), it can take weeks or months. And when the penalties come, rarely ever they are permanent. One notorious case I reported countless times and even published a video evidence censoring his name to not break the rules wasn't enough: one week after an official PM I exchanged with an EA employee to give them all the evidence they needed, a friend told me he found that same hacker, and it took a week more for me to find him again as well. The guy has a MAX leveled Iden Version, which he got solely by cheating for years. This guy has been cheating since at least 2018, and in 2020 I still met him ingame and cheating. As I censored his name in every instance that appears in the video, I can share the evidence here without fear:

Hacking surges happened several times during this game's lifespan, and EA's response time was always at a snail's pace. Another one that took them a long time to properly solve was with a specific guy (or group) that had access to some next level hacks, like in this GIF (in which I also censored the hacker's name to not break any rules):

So you ask what we can do about it. I see no other option then to not spend money with EA. But I understand they hold some IPs and franchises we can't really avoid consuming. However, we can at least do our best to wait until we can pay much less then what they want us to pay. I pre-ordered Battlefront II Deluxe Edition, so I belong to the group that payed them the most for this game and months in advance. This game turned out to be a huge disappointment, and my participation in the official channels for the community also gave me even more reasons to be disappointed with EA and DICE.

So now I made a decision, EA won't be getting any money from me for any game, except Star Wars games. And those I'll only get when the price drops tremendously. Jedi Fallen Order isn't the type of game that I enjoy, but if it wasn't EA's I would have gotten it. It's a shame though, because Respawn seems to be doing good games despite being under EA's umbrella. I can't say the same for any other EA title since Battlefront 2015. Star Wars Squadrons is the type of game that I love, but once again EA/Motive did their homework wrong and restricted the game to 1st person only. If it wasn't first person only I'd definitely buy this game when a nice discount comes by, but now I believe I won't ever get it. And this comes from a huge Rogue Squadron fan that has been flying Star Wars Starships since 1997, who also managed to get (and hold to this day) the World Record on the fastest Trench Run in Battlefront 2015:

Spoiler

So to finish this, my tip is: avoid falling for the hype. EA, and most other big publishers have learned it's better to spend money on marketing then on making good games because that brings them more money. When that stops working they'll have to go back to the drawing board. Games should first and foremost be complete before we buy them, and the game mechanics must work before they want to milk our wallets with microtransactions. And their policy against hackers must become a lot stricter. These things we'll only achieve if we stop granting them unlimited access to our wallets.

Message 4 of 5 (719 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RogueZeroRendar That video is very great, I very much regret that Battlefront II did not include that death star game mode, there is only the rubble... and in the 2015 game, the offline content is very poor, the DLC are exclusively online .

Just great report and opinion. You describe reality very well. When EA forgets about a game, ignores reports of cheats and now they only talk about squadrons, it's obvious that it is a repetitive cycle, there is no moral to spend money here on pre-purchases and now star wars is a victim of this.

It's understandable that these games, since they do not have internal micropayments such as fortnite or others, they are more concerned about launching a game every 8 days than providing support and supporting previously launched games, I do not know the clauses or commissions, royalties or profit sharing that EA pay for these titles but EA must understand that star wars games do not have as frequent releases as battlefield games or call of duty and therefore leaving the game is regrettable. Also, as this game works with official servers only, players cannot kick or ban annoying and cheating players.

The problem will not be the number of players, it will be the cheaters who destroy the community.
Message 5 of 5 (703 Views)