Zoom and/or L2 button tied to forward movement

by Alliecat7803

Original Post

Zoom and/or L2 button tied to forward movement

Champion (Retired)

PS4.  All classes, all maps.  When zooming using L2, your character creeps forward.  

Some posts suggest this is a controller problem.  However, I have switched controllers, and it is the same problem no matter what.  Also, the problem does not occur in all places on all maps.  If it were solely a controller problem, it should exist everywhere. 

It is not "stick dead zone".  This DOES affect walking drift when not zooming, especially if it is set very low (for me it has to be at zero to see this effect), but adjusting "stick dead zone" has no effect on the amount of walking drift I get while zooming.  

This affects all blasters with zoom capability, including the dual zoom feature, as well as thermal binoculars. 

The effect appears even if no other button is being touched other than L2.  The player can stand still with no forward drift if there is no zooming.  

This is, for me, a new problem in the past couple of weeks.  Other PS4 players I communicate with have also started experiencing the same problem.  I have seen that others have reported this in the past, but I did not experience this problem personally until recently. 

Note: using "toggle" zoom instead of "hold" zoom does not cause the drift.  So it is the "hold" or the L2 command that is causing the problem.  Hold is by far more convenient, so switching to "toggle" is not an acceptable solution, especially after a year of no problem with the "hold" feature.   

Message 1 of 5 (915 Views)

Re: Zoom and/or L2 button tied to forward movement

Champion (Retired)

This also affects zoom on AAT, and on the heavy missiles.  

Message 2 of 5 (873 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Bump since there has been no EA reply on this issue. 

Message 3 of 5 (833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m still having this same problem with PS4.  

Message 4 of 5 (643 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PPile33 Find any fix to it?
Message 5 of 5 (639 Views)