Zeels in-depth Troubleshooting Guide

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

Re: Season 4 - Zeel's Troubleshooting in-depth Guide

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Zeelmaekers

I've always been using +fps_max unlimited

Please remove the section over VPNs, it's not correct.

I use to give Linux, Windows, and Router Tech support for a VPN company for around 7 years to tell you, that using a VPN for gaming is bad! I have also taught on the subject of VPNs for 2 years, across the various OS Platforms, Linux/Windows/OSX.

1. You add hops, because you have to travel to the VPN, then out the VPN to the destination, this introduces latency, among other issues that also introduce latency.

2. VPN = Virtual Private Network

3. The Private aspect to a VPN is the Encryption which helps to add the Layer of Privacy/Security needed through an encrypted Tunnel, this Encryption further adds lag, speed loss and latency.

4. Some VPNs do offer lower levels of Encryption, which create less loss, but it's still a loss, that you don't want to add to gaming. Without the Encryption it's pointless, so no matter the level of Encryption being used, you will have performance latency loss at various levels.

I still use a VPN for many online activites, but never for gaming!

One last thing, we should be going IP to IP, not through DNS, so I'd really like to know why there is mention of adding in DNS for Apex? hmm

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT USE A VPN WHEN YOU GAME, IT'S A FALSE PLACEBO, BY DECEPTIVE COMPANIES TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU! AND IF THAT IS NOT BAD ENOUGH, THEN THEY TRY TO SPIN THE PRIVACY/SECURITY ASPECTS OF NEEDING TO PROTECT YOURSELF WHILE GAMING, IT'S ALL BS!

Message 21 of 67 (7,140 Views)

Re: Season 3 - Zeel's Troubleshooting in-depth Guide

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers

Current known issues: Random crashes to desktop for intel cpu users/no error [Not solved X]

Message 22 of 67 (7,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Valentine's Day update rolled out and I'm now having major issues.  On my PS4 account.

I'm physically not able to play the game because 90% of the time I'm getting stuck on the loading screen and can't get past the "retrieving matchmaking lists " before being told it can not connect to the EA Servers .

The very rare or few times I have got past that problem I can not get past the "preloading party members " screen . If I try to join a party it shows me on their party on their system but will not show me in the party on mine . 

I have done everything known to fix it . 

DNS are all updated . Static IP set and DMZ/PORT FORWARDS set.  

Reset router, changed LAN cables 

Tried using wifi instead 

Tries using a hotspot to make sure it wasn't my ISP blocking 

Uninstalled and re installed the game .

Wiped my whole PS4 and started install again.  

Verified it wasn my ea account specific by utilizing another account on the PS4. 

I only have one PS4 so I have not tried on another PS4.

The only thing that changed from my end prior to having this issue was the update.  None of the things I have tried will fix the issue . 

Did anyone ever actually figure out the problem and solution?

Message 23 of 67 (7,060 Views)

★ Apprentice

i agree i to get crashes with the new season :/ with no error 

Message 24 of 67 (6,999 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if having too many friends will cause you to crash on ps4? I play on my account and i crash at least once every other game but i played on my friends account which is also on the same console but it wont crash? Help plz

Message 25 of 67 (6,992 Views)

★★ Novice

im literally at my wits end with this game, this is my first post but i have been freezing for months, changing all recommended settings, in the last few weeks apex completely locks my computer up, having to hard reset my machine 150 times for a game should not be occuring, my computer is more then capable of running the game, its just broken, if i cant run a simple few rounds with the build i have then i know its the game having issues, i have tried uninstalling windows reinstalling origin the game, i have followed what seems to be endless tutorials to stop my computer from locking up, for months it was dxgi card hung errors now theres no error messages and no log file to document folders, ill give my specs but at this point i just feel im going to uninstall this game until they get a fix bc its bad enough to get kicked out of mid game during a match over and over but to hurt my hardware its just not worth it, heres my specs i update windows and graphics drivers REGULARLY and literally built this computer to run all games and stream but unfortunately apex is a let down for that...good game too many flaws!!!! I9 9900K GIGABYTE AUROS EXTREME 2080TI RTX 32 GB G.SKILL 512 SAMSUNG PRO M.2, running a dual monitor setup game freezes, with 1 monitor plugged in or 3 no matter what i've tried all configurations to all extents, I left pubg for apex and apex has been a super let down WE CANT EVEN PLAY YOUR GAME.

Message 26 of 67 (6,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

ever since the update i am getting a ton of the red lines in the top corner which means prediction error. My speed test is great, ping is great.. Is the prediction error a server problem? The game is unplayable for me right now.

Thanks for the help

@Zeelmaekers 

Message 27 of 67 (6,859 Views)

Re: Season 4 - Zeel's in-depth Troubleshooting Guide

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

so in season 4 my game still crashes whenever I:

1). go to the battle pass tab and pass my mouse over anything in the battle pass

2). whenever I get to the character select screen when a match starts

it happens every single time, it's not once in a while, it's 100% of the time! there is no crash error or anything, the game just completely closes. I tried reinstalling both Apex & the origin launcher but that does not fix it.

I'm on PC, I don't have the battle pass and I can't play the game at all because of this, it's been happening since season 3, I thought maybe it would be fixed by season 4 but I was totally wrong.

here's a video of what's been happening: https://youtu.be/GgAbibfWFFY

SO APEX LEGENDS IS UNPLAYABLE FOR ME!!!!!!!!

Message 28 of 67 (6,084 Views)

Re: Season 5 - Zeel's Troubleshooting in-depth Guide

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

Got this glitch. Cant switch between shops game pass and inventory, and choosing see all quests game drops from server.

Game started normaly and after 30 min playing gave this glitch.

Tryed uptade and repair - didnt help.

Message 29 of 67 (5,784 Views)

Re: Season 5 - Zeel's Troubleshooting in-depth Guide

★★★ Novice
@iYoPok_Twitch Same thing here. I'm trying to repair the files to see if that makes any difference.
Message 30 of 67 (5,778 Views)